-5

Is suicide useful?

31%Yes69%No
eli666s avatar Life
1 15
@2830039

Yes, but then again, that's not what the question was about.

@2830039

that certainly won;t help someone with feelings of suicide

@2830039

however in the case of what Walt said, I agree with you 100%

It does have certain level of functionality to it - unless you fail. Always slice the wrist up -> down, sideways is really easy to patch up.

Yes.

1 - The planet is overpopulated. It doesn't have the resources to support the current population in the long run, let alone a growing population.

2 - If you have a fatal, debilitating disease and face the rest of your life in pain, you should be able to choose to end your life. To tell someone in that situation they have to continue dealing with crippling pain, is nothing short of torture. THAT is what should be illegal.

Note that neither of the above means that someone choosing suicide has the Right to ask someone else to aid them against that person's beliefs.

@2830082

I don't think #1 justifies murder.
It merely states a condition.
If someone believes that overpopulation justifies killing, they should start with themselves. (which would be suicide, as my point shows)

I wouldn't describe it as a "necessity", since many more people choose to live in that condition than take their own lives. So, IMO, it is "useful" having the option even if you don't choose to utilize it.

@Walt_OReagun Yes. 1 - The planet is overpopulated. It doesn't have the resources to support the current population in the long...

if you truly believed number 1, why are you still here? because either a) you know deep down that argument is BS, or b) you are a hypocrite and want others to do it and not be a leader.

the overpopulated MYTH has been debunked time and again, yet certain ignoramuses such as yourself still believe that crap.

2. and who gets to decide someones fate if they aren't at a particular moment os mind to make their own choice? I strongly disagree with you here. the deliberate taking of a life is murder, even if its self inflicted

@deusvult if you truly believed number 1, why are you still here? because either a) you know deep down that argument is BS...

1 - Nope. The planet IS overpopulated. The only way we are able to support the current population is through artificial means. EG: dams to get irrigation where it isn't naturally possible. Or shipping food to areas that can't support their own populations.

As to why I am still here ... because I don't really care if it's overpopulated. Just as I don't really care about climate change. Since I am not demanding that anyone else act on those facts, I am not a hypocrite.

2 - Your question has nothing to do with my point. Suicide is a decision to end one's own life. It is not a decision made by anyone else for you.

@Walt_OReagun 1 - Nope. The planet IS overpopulated. The only way we are able to support the current population is through...

the entire population could fit in canada comfortably and have lots of space, overpopulation has been proven to be false, and your just repeating the BS

@deusvult the entire population could fit in canada comfortably and have lots of space, overpopulation has been proven to be...

Prove it.
Show me the research that says our current population could exist without artificial means such as I point out.

No, it solves nothing.

Yes, it is useful in causing a lot of pain and guilt to those who are left behind.