TTry...if you can...to give a précis of the political landscape of a Country other than your own. Can you do it?

We are ALL to stuck in our own world! Life is happening everywhere else also! I haven't yet found a good Inernational TV channel...the last one I was on had a lot to do with European sports...soccer and all that.

Sukiesnows avatar Politics
6 43

Another country, not Home Nations, not any sort of (Netherlands/England/USA/whatever)... It's not soccer, it's bloody football, Kasara.

@Sukiesnow Ha. All I heard about was Manchester United...

No, that would've been the other one of two best friends. I'm a Chelsea fan. And he's not feeling too fancy about me loving them dearly, so...

Nope..I watch PBS sometimes but not a lot.

@DandyDon Nope..I watch PBS sometimes but not a lot.

Pubes Bube's Subes? That is one weird channel.

@ZonkeyBalls Pubes Bube's Subes? That is one weird channel.

I know, I haven't any idea of what they are talking about sometimes..

@DandyDon I know, I haven't any idea of what they are talking about sometimes..

Using drugs properly. LSD is often misplaced in certain other substances, such as tea. No, use it the proper way, like licking it off from a marsupial's bottom.

I admire Prime Minister Thersa May so much. I'd follow her anywhere. The British Parliment is starting to sound like something out of the early last century and I wish the Tories would recognize a true leader.

@ZonkeyBalls Well, as a Canuck, you are still pretty much... Yeppers.

We keep having the conversation in Canada...let's do away with the 'allegiance' to the Q. Somehow...like talk about not changing clocks back and forth...it never seems to transpire...

The Pope wears a funny hat.

@Azlotto The Pope wears a funny hat.

And uses a funny car. And looks the other way for centuries regarding fiddling with young lads.

I watch PBS quite often, not sure about politics in other countries, that's why I never comment on them....

Germany, under Merkel, had she gotten her way... but she will not be standing for re-election:

@Sukiesnow Oh hey you... Delighted to see you. She welcomed all those refugees. Admirable.

Hi, Sukie!
Welcome back!  hug smilie

But after Merkel's welcoming process, she lost about 21% of her party's seats in the Bundestag, resulting in the right-wing AfD party getting 12% representation, a political disaster for her and her party (as well as for the Social Democrats, who likewise lost 21% of their seats).  And this despite Merkel saying "multiculturalism is a sham," and promising to reduce immigration when the impending political disaster began to dawn on her.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.92f9ada932af

@Thinkerbell Hi, Sukie! Welcome back!     But after Merkel's welcoming process, she lost about 21% of her party's...

Really? She said that? I wasn't that tuned in then. So great to see these women in politics...nevertheless.

Listen...how'd y'know on here when you get a new response to a previous post? I just stumbled on this reply by trolling.

@Sukiesnow Really? She said that? I wasn't that tuned in then. So great to see these women in...

Yep, she did say that... read about it in the WaPo article I linked.

You should be able to see any current response to a new or old post or comment in the pull-down "Notifications" menu... the little brick-red box on the tool bar at the top of the page.

@2830896

It's pretty much "exactly" and you pronounce it with an "e" that you use in the word "well" = Pr+E+cis, where "cis" is very short and most of the weight of the word is for the first three letters.

@2830896

Many Canadians mostly learn French from translations on cereal boxes. smirk smilie

@2831175

You, too? I studied it for four years! Easy credits in HS.

You haven't been to Quebec? Amazing food. Took the train.

French ppl in Canada are quite civilized. You must be referring to Parisians. Paris, France is the armpit of the world...they disdain anyone who does not speak French the way it's meant to ...according to them!

You know - I used to think accents were interesting - French men! and all that...but I now find they are becoming tedious. Maybe it's dealing with Bell telephone worker-bees in the Philippines that's been affecting my attitude.

Russian! That's amazing! All those consonants! I had a Polish bf and it seems they learned Russian the way we did French... I learned a few words! Nosdrovey. Or something. Word to raise a glass of wine to...sounds like Nice Driveway.

Omg. Asian script is so creative. Another bf showed me how a sentence was made by drawing a family tree. In my next life I might study this. That really must come from cave drawings.

You can message me instead of responding to this reply...that is if you ever see it. I still don't know how this new site works...you might respond to this reply and I might not know you did!

@2830934

Bozette! In full force... Still making fires in your fire pit?

Yes...it's a hot mess. Clicked on their Parliment in Session for a mo...horrific story that I blanked out. The people are powerless against many crimes...like you wrote.

Apparently they have a good welfare system.,,so good that many girls make it their ambition to become a single mother at age 16...are given a 'council' flat and then...another baby later and they are given a council townhouse.

Brexit has been going on for a long time...I don't know the full story but yes they are so close with all of Europe...it's interesting that issues with countries as neighbours are coming up in politics lately.

Fiona - who now lives in the UK again - said she prefers Canada.

@2831368

I'm doing great...it was a rough summer, though.

What about you?

Anonymous