+8

Don't ask a cashier to take "just one more person" after they already took "just one more person"

WE HAVE LIVES TOO! WE HAVE OTHER JOBS!! WE are working two jobs sometimes just to exist in this "rich get everything" world and you're making us late! We have families to go back to. WE have dates, we have sleep to take food to eat, we wanna go home and YOU are standing in our way so you are going to get steamrolled my friend! DOWN WITH HOLIDAY SHOPPING!!!

Image for post Don't ask a cashier to take "just one more person" after they already took "just one more person"
TomboyJanets avatar Jobs & Employment
5 5

I won't enter a store within 5 minutes of closing time.
I used to work retail, and that was my biggest annoyance ... people literally running in the store, then taking their time wandering around before deciding on a purchase.
When I became an Assistant Manager, I would inform them we were closing in 5 minutes ... then I would close the til exactly at closing time, and inform them they had to leave as I needed to lock the door.

@Walt_OReagun I won't enter a store within 5 minutes of closing time. I used to work retail, and that was my biggest...

Hiya there Walt! Long time.

In 'my' store we weren't allowed to tell people we were closing soon either....that pissed me off since you can do it in a timely fashion...like a half hour before.

Honestly. Working in retail can suck you dry.

Hey babe! Still fighting the good fight I see.

Who hasn't worked in retail. The problem with being at cash "stuck at front cash" is the way people put it...(smiling) you can end up feeling like a beast of burden! When the lines are 10 deep...and no one is helping... Then...like you said...you end up doing an extra 15 or more minutes on your shift to deal with the customers, help close up...etc.

This adds resentment on top of resentment! Every day! No extra pay...and it never "gets noticed" and appreciated in some way. So in my experience what happened is...this is unconscionable...but the staff took to "pilfering"...and not just a paper clip or pen... Do I blame them? Nah. Some got caught...some didn't.

I wont...99% of the time I shop online...better prices and deals..

Anonymous