Do you trust Google more than your doctor these days? Well...maybe you should. If you are smart yourself...you and Google are much smarter than your doctor.

NO more Doctor! Doctor!...weeping...please save me I'm sick... NOw you google your symptoms! Underlying possible issues! And who knows you better than you yourself? Well, you still have to go to your dr...s/he has worked hard for years to make $300 bucks for 15 minutes of your time - to get a signature for a confirming test or two...or a prescription. Damnit.

Please! Whatever you do...don't say anything about your online investigations. Drs hate patients who Google. It can seriously hamper their cred. Listen to your dr intently...with something approaching a god-like admiration. Then take what they say under advisement, smirk to yourself....and go home and Google some more... There are generally several Options on Google your dr never mentions....

This is an empowering time to be a patient!

Sukiesnows avatar Education
5 8
The people are still deciding if Sukiesnow is right or wrong. Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Sometimes.

@2831623

OH hey...you too? I have training in healthcare....with your research experience...we'd make quite a pair. Who knows? There might be a future opportunity/need for an app creation that helps people diagnose using more than simple basic medicine....one that puts hours of research...acknowledges a person holistically and employs more than like I said basic medicine....voilá! your disease...in a matter of only 5 clicks... I can see it.

Seriously, I find Dr Googling can take a lot of tenacity...intuitivity (if that's a word)...creativity...and is prone to ups and downs! And it takes time! Also easy to get side tracked in other interesting areas! Worth it for me...obviously you too.

Am so glad my dr can't read my mind. She is fresh out of med school! What wtf does she know, anyway.

@2831662

Veerry interesting. Via your own algorithms? What do you mean by 'meta search engines'...

@2831653

So old school hon! Dr Google is millennial. And for good reason: so many more diseases out now...drs are themselves bewildered even if they won't admit it.

No, definitely not.

Anonymous