While it's important to share medical history/herstory with your parents and siblings...it's also vital to share sexual information.

And yet...I don't see that happening, somehow...like...have YOU shared with your siblings things about what sex is like for you? Why or why not?

It's a high standard of enlightenment if we can do that... The first - and last - time I shared a sex secret with my sibling...she looked horrified and the topic changed quickly.

But yes...I DO want to know what sex is like for her...and all of her trials and tribulations in that department.... I want to know especially about the details that might have resulted as a side effect of our strict, religious upbringing. And I resent that this information might not be forthcoming.

Sukiesnows avatar Education
3 10

There are some things that should be kept private, others don't need to know about another person's sexual life. I don't care about anyone's sexual activities, it's none of my business.

@StarzAbove There are some things that should be kept private, others don't need to know about another person's sexual life...

So if your sister was a sex addict...you don't think it's your business? That in some way maybe it's inherited? Based on family history? I don't know...I'm just asking the question.

And wouldn't it be - well - if you and a sibling could talk openly about what they enjoyed or didn't? Like...and if there was a dysfunction...would you rather tell your doctor or your sibling? And why?

Just interested...Starz don't take umbrage please hon..I know you're a very private person...but in some cases...we can go to our graves never really having shared... And with our supposed 'loved' ones. That makes me cry.

@Sukiesnow So if your sister was a sex addict...you don't think it's your business? That in some way maybe it's inherited?...

I have 5 sisters, and not once have we discussed sex. And that's the way it should be. We have shared everything else, but not our sex lives....and we have all been OK with that.

I'd rather stretch my tongue out with a pair of pliers and run a cheese grater across it.

Sorry Sukie. I'm afraid you would resent me very much if I were in your family. My intimate life has never been up for review by family members.

"Herstory" lol, never even looked it that way. I'd feel extremely weird sharing something like that with my family and really, I have no wish whatsoever to learn about the sexual secrets of any family members.

My sex life has always been private from all but my partner.

let's talk about it and get weird

Anonymous