You've recently arrived on Earth and quickly set about blending in...when you realise. - you're not sure why - but apparently you need people! Everyone seems to have them! (odd) The question is: how many do you need?

Sukiesnows avatar Friends & Socialising
3 38

At least 2. Otherwise, you only have a person.

Just a few, that I sense I can trust.

At least three, one to give me directions, one to cook my meals, and one to supply me with everything I will need.

@StarzAbove At least three, one to give me directions, one to cook my meals, and one to supply me with everything I will need.

Well, I tried to send a PM on this but your profile does not allow me to do that.
But, consider your comment there - don't you think it is kind of contrary to the independent woman persona you attempt to portray?

@Budwick Well, I tried to send a PM on this but your profile does not allow me to do that. But, consider your comment...

Take the hint, maybe she doesn't want messages from you, yet you insist on trolling all her posts. Infatuated much?

@Flrdsgns Sure seems like it.

Maybe he had too much Turkey. You think?

@2833089

lol lol You got that right.

@StarzAbove Maybe he had too much Turkey. You think?

Not sure why, but he sure has had it out for you lately. Jealous maybe?

@Flrdsgns Not sure why, but he sure has had it out for you lately. Jealous maybe?

Jealous of what? lol I don't know what his problem is, but I sure wish he would go back to SimilarWorlds with the rest of the bullies.

@Flrdsgns Take the hint, maybe she doesn't want messages from you, yet you insist on trolling all her posts. Infatuated much?

Just trying to save the Diva further embarrassment.
She sure id lucky to have you running around to protect her from big bad bullies!

So, which one are you Flanders? The one to give her directions, the one to cook her meals, or the one to supply me with everything she needs?

@Budwick Just trying to save the Diva further embarrassment. She sure id lucky to have you running around to protect her...

Hey Bud, does the GM plants shutting down affect anyone in your family? I truly hope not. What do the people in Ohio think about GM's decision?

@Flrdsgns Hey Bud, does the GM plants shutting down affect anyone in your family? I truly hope not. What do the people in...

I don't know anyone that worked there. The closure will be devastating for the area. That plant makes the Chevrolet Cruze compact. Cruze sales are way off - people enjoy the better gas prices and are buying bigger cars, SUV's and trucks.

GM historically hasn't been very nimble, able to change according to market. And, the union pension plans continue to eat the company alive.

The money Obama gave 'em years ago managed to buy some votes I suppose but did nothing to coax the union to change anything.

@Budwick I don't know anyone that worked there. The closure will be devastating for the area. That plant makes the...

When a car isn't selling, all the tax breaks and incentives in the world won't help. GM is in business to make money and they really don't answer to any President. That said, it's a real shame that they can't just keep the plants open and let them build SUV's if that is what is selling.
I do think Trump should end all incentives, not only for GM but for all car companies, farms and anyone else who is given money.

@Flrdsgns When a car isn't selling, all the tax breaks and incentives in the world won't help. GM is in business to make...

I recall when there are model year changes that plant would close for weeks. If they changed to another car entirely - I bet it would take a year or more to retool the factory. I'm not kidding Flanders, that Lordstown plant is right along the highway - it takes forever to pass, OK maybe a minute, but it's big.

Yeah, it sucks. Why is it always right before Christmas?

@Budwick I recall when there are model year changes that plant would close for weeks. If they changed to another car...

Lordstown is the one near Youngstown, right? That town has certainly had it's share of problems over the years, first with the steel mills closing and now GM. What are these people supposed to do for a living? Assembly line work doesn't appeal to me, but there are a lot of families who are proud to work for GM or who worked for one of the steel mills. Are they supposed to just shutter the town and let it go to seed? Won't people lose a ton of money if they have to dump their house and move? I really feel sorry for the people of Youngstown, as well as the other cities that are losing their assembly plants

@Flrdsgns Lordstown is the one near Youngstown, right? That town has certainly had it's share of problems over the years...

Well, at least GM will still be getting their subsidies for electric cars that Obama hooked 'em up with!

@Budwick Well, at least GM will still be getting their subsidies for electric cars that Obama hooked 'em up with!

I hope Trump follows through on his threat and ends not only those subsidies, but all of them. If people can't make it on their own, it isn't up to the government to make sure they survive.

Trump is always bragging that he's a real deal maker, why doesn't he talk to GM and make them a deal to stay, instead of threatening them. The Cruz was never a popular car, maybe the plant could produce another model.

@StarzAbove Trump is always bragging that he's a real deal maker, why doesn't he talk to GM and make them a deal to stay...

Personally, I don't think Trump is quite the deal maker he claims to be, unless he considers filing for bankruptcy multiple times, making a good deal.

@Flrdsgns Personally, I don't think Trump is quite the deal maker he claims to be, unless he considers filing for bankruptcy...

I agree. He patted himself on the back when he thought he had made a deal with Carrier here in Indianapolis. But they moved to Mexico anyway and a lot of people were left high and dry, and again it happened right before Christmas.

@StarzAbove I agree. He patted himself on the back when he thought he had made a deal with Carrier here in Indianapolis...

Yeah, what is it with these corporations getting rid of people right before Christmas? Do they get a card from the company - Merry Christmas...You're fired?

Part of making a good deal is that the deal must have a good outcome for both parties and both -parties need to be capable of doing what they say they are gonna do.

GM couldn't make good on the deal they already did with Obama. The US would probably do well to cut it's losses and let GM go.

@Budwick Part of making a good deal is that the deal must have a good outcome for both parties and both -parties need to be...

That's stupid, there are a lot of companies that depend on GM, a lot of support companies would fail as well. Then more people would be without jobs. GM doesn't just make cars, they also make engines for jets, helicopters, etc. They will pull out of this, they always do.

Maybe if you hadn't bought that Japanese made car, this wouldn't be happening, you think?

@StarzAbove That's stupid, there are a lot of companies that depend on GM, a lot of support companies would fail as well...

So, NOW it's Budwick's fault that GM is failing!!??

PS - My car was made in Ohio. (That's in the United States)

Someone to talk to...and someone to sweep the floors.