-5

I just saw someone with a will work for food sign. maybe that's why your homeless, amirite

Image for post I just saw someone with a will work for food sign. maybe that's why your homeless, amirite
unknownconditions avatar Jobs & Employment
2 14
The voters have decided that unknowncondition is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

There are a lot of homeless people in this world, through no fault of their own. So when I see a sign like that, I always give them some money. Call me a full if you like. But I have been truly blessed. I have a good warm bed to sleep in each night and plenty of food, whatever their circumstance I hope I can help out in some small way.

@StarzAbove There are a lot of homeless people in this world, through no fault of their own. So when I see a sign like that...

i don;t know, i'd rather buy some useful products and then hand those out, they can just waste money on booze or drugs, and i'd rather not pay them to do that.

there is one street in front of a mall where a "homeless" person spends his waking days waking back and forth asking for money, yeah FAT chance! if he spent that time in employment lines he could get an actual job. he may have become homeless by no fault of his own, but at this point he is still homeless by his choice. imo

i Volunteered my time for a few years at a homeless shelter, I think that is a far better charity to homeless people then giving them money, the shelter held free seminars on how to get jobs and hold jobs, even have mailboxes for their paychecks they offer roof over their heads and meals (they had to show initiative to find work in order to get some of these), but the necessities of life are always provided, and it is 100% private charity funded. it is imo 100% better then giving money to a homeless person directly, and 110% better then taxes going towards making dependent leeches out of them

they also have a food hamper program for families who do have homes but maybe can;t afford food.

@StarzAbove I guess we all have to decide how to help others.

well imo helping them work their way out of homelessness is better then giving them money and having them be forever homeless

@deusvult well imo helping them work their way out of homelessness is better then giving them money and having them be...

Even when they are helped doesn't mean they will work themselves out of homelessness. So I do what I can whenever I see someone asking for money. It doesn't hurt me, and if it helps them do whatever then I'm OK with it. Hopefully what I give will help them in some way....that's all I can ask for.

@StarzAbove Even when they are helped doesn't mean they will work themselves out of homelessness. So I do what I can whenever...

if they have to find work to get certain benefits, that will help them,. giving them money just like that helps no one.

@deusvult if they have to find work to get certain benefits, that will help them,. giving them money just like that helps no one.

It might. They can't get a job looking like a bum, so hopefully, just maybe, they would take that money, clean up and get a job. You nor I know what that person will do with the money that I give to them. And I will continue giving to those less fortunate than I am.

@StarzAbove It might. They can't get a job looking like a bum, so hopefully, just maybe, they would take that money, clean up...

or you could support a charity like the mustard seed that would provide them with a clean suit, job prep training, and will FEED them and give a roof over their head,

@deusvult or you could support a charity like the mustard seed that would provide them with a clean suit, job prep training...

Some charities want money for the poor and then they line their own pockets. So I will continue giving to the poor when I see them asking for money. And hopefully, you will continue to support your charities.

@2832901

exactly, there is a guy who spends his walking moments on a street in front of a mall, going window to window asking for money, if he spent that much energy looking for an actual job, he would have one. instead he is happy being homeless and only does begging

When I posted this I just thought it was ironic because the reason these people are homeless is probably because they have been taken advantage of in the first place. Being happy just to work for food would perpetuate the hardship by not being properly compensated.

Also ironic to me is how people who beg and panhandle on websites like GoFundMe probably don't realize that they are no better then these "bums". Many people of the world are nomadic or migrant but some people in north America have no tolerance for these people because they are a misunderstood fringe society who prefer that life over normal living. No amount of money will make them happy in normal living situations.

Yea, I don't think I would build a house....for a hotdog.