dru18s avatar Education
5 46

Well since this planet is 4+ billion years old, we are here for just a blip in time so I honestly don't see anyone as old. Just aged.

@How do you KNOW how old this planet is?

Well actually I believe this planet and this universe is in a loop. So this planet has lived and died endless times over, over trillions and trillions of years. I can believe what I want. No one cares anyway. Leave me alone.

I am sure you are right about the age and the fact that it had died before- it is being murdered now- slowly.

200

So did I.Now 61 and nowhere near old...About 85 perhaps..

@ThePrinceofWales So did I.Now 61 and nowhere near old...About 85 perhaps..

Ah, you are one of the baby boomers, they never get old. pce smilie

You're only as old as you feel or act. Some people in their 20's, 30's act older than someone more aged.

While reading this question I realized that I don't think about being old. I'm sure it has something to do with including myself within the definition.

My grand daughter asked me recently, "Grampa, did you know Abraham Lincoln?" Of course we all laughed. Abe lived two counties over!

@Budwick While reading this question I realized that I don't think about being old. I'm sure it has something to do with...

Good one!

I remember being in my early teens and asking a guy who was in his thirties if they had trains when he was little.

The age you are when your parts are wearing out. A 5 year old car with 20,000 miles isn't the same as 5 year old car with 200,000 miles that's been through a few demo derby's.

@2833131

I can remember when I called a twenty-one year old, ma'am.

As I recall, I first thought I was "old" when I was in my early 20's. It was clearly ridiculous to think that, but I didn't think so at the time. I figure people my age now are considered old by some people....even referred to as "elderly" sometimes. I think people in their 80's are officially "old" now. :)

@Piper2 As I recall, I first thought I was "old" when I was in my early 20's. It was clearly ridiculous to think that...

LOL! I totally get that, "I'm not a teenager anymore....."

What I don't get, is why do they start sending AARP material to people who just turned fifty.

@dru18 LOL! I totally get that, "I'm not a teenager anymore....." What I don't get, is why do they start sending AARP...

I'm pretty sure I got first mail about joining AARP, when I was 45. It really bugged me, too. :) As long as I remember, people could be a card holding member of the organization when they turned 50, though.

@2833217

Where did you leave those keys.......shh smilie

parents wrongly call you an adult at 18 to force you to leave the house. Clearly we are not adults at 18 , maybe when your done your education, but not before.

@dru18 I agree. I think 18 year olds are far from being adults who are ready to survive in the world.

I see a number of people who say 18 year olds are not adults. I have a question then. (Not political either way here) Should only "adults be allowed to vote? Are 18 year old soldiers adults?

@JustJimColo I see a number of people who say 18 year olds are not adults. I have a question then. (Not political either way...

Soldiers always seemed a bit immature to me. Especially invaders. Soldiers are trained to avoid original thought and follow orders.( it takes a type of person or state of mind that eventually you grow out of )No disrespect but killing a person doesn't make you an adult, figuring out how not to is. why would you have to be 18 to vote , many people under that age are more political and passionate then some "adults". I think caring enough to vote is enough to make your vote count.

@JustJimColo Have you ever been a soldier, or even had close association with any?

yes most military people are more brave and capable then me on this subject. but they seem to enjoy it and would be disappointed and the end of wars. Most don't do it to be patriotic, it's personal reasons.

just to clarify I was never in the military. It always seemed like a last ditch option for me. ( to bring this post full circle) but now i'm too old.

@unknowncondition Soldiers always seemed a bit immature to me. Especially invaders. Soldiers are trained to avoid original thought...

Soldiers do not enjoy killing.
Of course they are trained to follow orders! That's how we all hit the beach at the same time - and the same beach!

If you are fortunate enough to have a friend or relative that has served honorably, I ask you to make some time to visit with that person, talk about their service, learn a bit about the sacrifices made by themselves and their loved ones. No disrespect, but it sounds like you could benefit from an attitude adjustment.

@Budwick Soldiers do not enjoy killing. Of course they are trained to follow orders! That's how we all hit the beach at the...

very true about my attitude but I do know the effect unnecessary wars have on the families of solders. Now our military isn't even the police force of the world anymore it's the biggest mercenary force. Fighting for opium and oil fields so private business can get established is not noble and I won't pretend that it is. WWII was the last necessary war and I truly thank those selfless heroes. If no ones signed up for the military we wouldn't have wars. I always say America is safer with me here, and I would love to go down and defend it in a fox hole on the jersey shore with you. when that day comes.

@Budwick I'm glad we agree regarding your attitude.

yeah I kind regret talking bad about the military. the people who fight for us are obviously the best in the world. I'm more criticizing the leaders.

@unknowncondition yeah I kind regret talking bad about the military. the people who fight for us are obviously the best in the world...

Unknown - we don't know each other, and you seem like a nice enough person. But we are at loggerheads on this military topic. Your ideas are all headlines - you need some stories for greater understanding.

Yeah I remember being a little kid thinking thirty was old two now at thirty nine hard to say as I'm sat watching 'I'm a celebrity' and there's a guy on there called Noel Edmunds who is nearly seventy and he look great for himself.
乂ᵒ◡ᵒ乂

Anonymous