Is it time to change government?

Let's be honest ... the American government (Congress and the President) has seldom had an approval rating over 60%. Most of the time it is below 50%, in fact.

Okay, I'm being slightly facetious.
But if there are so many people disappointed with our representatives in government, where are they when it comes time to vote?

Congress and the Public | Gallup Historical Trends Do you approve or disapprove of the way [ROTATED -- The Republicans in Congress. The Democrats in Congress.] are handling their job? Do you approve or disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job?https://news.gallup.com/poll/1600/congress-public.aspx
Walt_OReaguns avatar Politics
3 9

We need term limits.
Not likely to happen cuz the boys and girls that benefit from making politics their lifelong occupation are the very ones that would need to vote for term limits! Politicians on both sides of the fence are paid a lot more money by lobbyists and special interest groups than they will ever get from their constituents.

I definitely disagree of the way this Congress has conducted itself. It gave Trump a free rein to do whatever he pleases just because they are afraid to confront him. I hope with the new House (blue wave) things will be different. It's time to get rid of Trump.

Is it still civil war when the country voluntarily splits into two ( it could happen without violence) why are we wasting energy coming together. lets distance ourselves from conflicting ideas.

@unknowncondition Is it still civil war when the country voluntarily splits into two ( it could happen without violence) why are we...

The closest we have (that I know of) is the 1947 break between what is now India (Hindu) and Pakistan (Muslim). Even if there wasn't the violence against people in the "wrong" area, you would have constant border warfare between the two ideologies.

@Walt_OReagun The closest we have (that I know of) is the 1947 break between what is now India (Hindu) and Pakistan (Muslim)...

I'm just talking out my ass. sometimes I feel like my left brain is fighting my right brain,but I get my best ideas from the aftermath.

However the war pigs can't profit from peaceful resolution. This solution would be kind of like a divorce. divide it up and walk away

Nothing ever gets done when it's time to vote because even though Congress as a whole is held in very low esteem by the average voter, that same voter will also say, "But the guy from my district is pretty good," and re-elect over 90% of the time.

Anonymous