Workers at GM should all group together and walk off their jobs...about MARCH. Being dependant on your job to support your lifestyle is obviously a BIG mistake! Uproot your family - move to a yurt! Put your kids to work to help support themselves. Later in life they'll thank you for it. They'll say: the time my mom/dad walked off their job at GM was the best time of our lives.

The best defense is a good offence.

Sukiesnows avatar Brands & Products
6 43

I disagree. My husband worked for many years for GM, great benefits, but with Trump's tariffs, GM has decided to dismantle a model that no one was buying, anyway.

Plus, a few years back another GM plant was closed....the Chevrolet plant in Indianapolis, it was a blow to those workers but they found other employment and so will those that are out of work now.

If Trump is such a great negotiator why doesn't he make them an offer they can't refuse. He lied about another plant here in Indianapolis, Carrier, said they were staying, did a lot of photo ops to gain attention, the state gave them quite a bit of money to stay but they moved their plants to Mexico. A lot of people were out of work too. So now Trump doesn't mention Carrier at all.

It's just a shame that they did this right before Christmas.

@Budwick I wondered who would blame Trump for this.

He is to blame with the tariffs and more companies will be folding because of it, besides if Obama was still in office you would be screaming your head off....you still blame Obama for everything, so now it's our turn.

@StarzAbove He is to blame with the tariffs and more companies will be folding because of it, besides if Obama was still in...

How is it that Ford is doing so well?
Could it be that they managed their business better? Didn't build crappy electric cars that no one wanted and instead built their truck line up?

If Trump were guiding GM I'm sure it would be doing better or would have been reorganized into a viable business - but he's been kinda busy colluding with Russia and junk.

@Sukiesnow Electric cars are the future.

That's what they thought too.
Apparently not the near future.
And, they are going bust now.

@Sukiesnow Where's Elon musk when you really need him?

I read that he is planning a move to Mars!
I am not joking.
If you need him for a project here, better grab him fast. That guy does not remain still for long.

Apparently, not many people care for that type of futuristic vehicle.

If those electric cars were saucer shaped and could fly, then they would be doing something.

@DandyDon I haven't...you?

I'd LOVE too! But on a stable surface while wearing a lot of padding. smirk smilie

Those segways look like fun, too. Although they haven't really taken off - have they? I suppose they are not too practical.

@StarzAbove No way, they are a great company!

Ya think?
You know GM employs 5,600 people in Mexico to make the Chevy Cruze hatchback – basically the same car GM is taking away from Lordstown. The average wage of a Mexican worker in a GM plant is $3 per hour. Meanwhile, 1,600 Ohioans will lose jobs that pay roughly $24 per hour to an assembly line worker.

Yup, great company.

@Budwick Ya think? You know GM employs 5,600 people in Mexico to make the Chevy Cruze hatchback – basically the same car...

That's exactly what happened to Carrier, Trump praised the company and they did the same thing.
So where is your outrage against that company.

GM is a good company, can't wait to buy a new Buick this summer.

@StarzAbove That's exactly what happened to Carrier, Trump praised the company and they did the same thing. So where is...

Carrier wasn't in the news yesterday closing a plant down the road.

You are holding Trump responsible for the behavior of two publicly traded companies. Carrier broke a deal with Trump. Is your expectation that Trump should go all Khashoggi on Carrier ownership? Or just accept another layer of bullshit complaints from people such as yourself - that would find fault if he were to discover a cure for cancer?

I'm not outraged at either company. I won't buy products made by either company that has snubbed America. You're free to buy from whomever you want. You're hubby is a retired GM employee, isn't he? I know how loyal long time employees are.

@Budwick Carrier wasn't in the news yesterday closing a plant down the road. You are holding Trump responsible for the...

Trump is president, how soon you have forgotten all the things you blamed Obama for. And again, you refuse to blame Trump for anything, even when he has done so much damage to our country. His time is running out....watch and see.

I don't care what you buy or don't buy, GM is a good company whether my family worked for them or not. They were good to their employees, too bad you couldn't have gained from all the benefits that we had and are still receiving from GM.

@StarzAbove Trump is president, how soon you have forgotten all the things you blamed Obama for. And again, you refuse to...

Starz - I'm not HAPPY GM is faltering.
Just saying that nearly anyone could have seen the problem coming.
And, either GM didn't see it or did and did not react.
That's poor management. Poorly managed companies fail all the time.
GM is bigger than most - but still poorly managed.
If they fail, of course it will hurt a lot of smaller support businesses too.
It was NEVER the governments job to bail out companies that fail. Shouldn't have done it for banks, Auto industry before or now.

I'm delighted you enjoyed good benefits while associated with GM. I just hope you socked some of it away.

@StarzAbove I disagree. My husband worked for many years for GM, great benefits, but with Trump's tariffs, GM has decided to...

Stuff like that's happened here too. And it seems like always this time of the year.

I don't think Trump knows what's going on!! All he does is talk about everyone taking advantage of the US...like huh? He's just trying to bait 'we the people....and stoke them.

Has GM even said anything about this?

@Sukiesnow What do you suggest the workers do?

It will be tough, but they will find work other places. There have been layoffs, not just from GM, but from other companies as well. Not a good thing, and it shouldn't happen right before Christmas.

Trump is always bragging that there are plenty of jobs out there, that he has created. So hopefully it won't be too much of a problem. I just hope their insurance from GM stays intact.

Move to a yurt? What's a yurt?

I disagree - mostly. I mean, I suppose GM employees could have mustered more vision than the GM execs that bet the company future on teeny and electric cars. But, other than that, they made good money while it lasted.

So, where are you gonna put the kids to work at? Ford?

It might help if they continued making vehicles, people actually wanted to buy.

I remember the first and only time in my life, that I walked off of a job.
In was on a Thursday at noon.
I went back on that Friday morning to get my check.
I was planning on getting my check and leaving but was hired back under my terms.

Not to worry... the Pelosi Congress will bail them out... again.

The only thing good that's made in America is it's people.