IF you could talk to to the refugees at the Mexican border...what might you say?

Sukiesnows avatar Relationships
6 71
@2833679

Answer: Yes, but only if it's off the books, so I don't lose any of the free stuff I'll be getting.

I would say "If you want to live here, go back home and do it legally."

@JerryHendrickson I would say "If you want to live here, go back home and do it legally."

Uh huh, as they face a country where the murder rate is a 100 a week. I am sure the drug cartels will be welcoming them back, with open arms.

@dru18 Uh huh, as they face a country where the murder rate is a 100 a week. I am sure the drug cartels will be welcoming...

Uh huh... so at 100 per week as you claim, the total number of murders per year in Honduras is about 5,200. The population of Honduras is about 9 million, so the annual murder rate there per 100,000 is 5,200x100,000/9,000,000 = 58, approximately.

Now tell us what the murder rate is in St. Louis, dru.
(answer: about 66 per 100,000)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...by_murder_rate

St. Louis has the 13th highest murder rate in the world, and Baltimore ranks 21st.
No Honduran city even makes the top 25, and yet you are all for the Honduran "refugees" coming here. Liberal idiocy in action... again.  

(Of course it isn't really liberal idiocy at all, if we consider the liberal leadership's true motives for wanting a lot of "refugees" to enter the country.)

@Thinkerbell Uh huh... so at 100 per week as you claim, the total number of murders per year in Honduras is about 5,200. The...

Oh, look!  The anonymous downvoting cricket again!            
No cogent rebuttal, because she has nothing cogent to say, of course. hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

I would tell them to hold on, Trump has less than two years to go.

I would ask, "If you are "refugees" from Honduras, why are you carrying Honduran flags?  I don't recall ever seeing a picture of a group of Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany carrying German flags."

@dru18 Little different, don't you think?

Hard to tell... CNN never quite got around to explaining exactly what the "refugees" are "seeking asylum" from, but it sure sounded dire, and that Trump is criminal for not wanting to let them in.

@Thinkerbell Hard to tell... CNN never quite got around to explaining exactly what the "refugees" are "seeking asylum" from, but...

All of the news organizations have been reporting on the 'whys', or they should be. Most of them are fleeing because of the growing violence from drug cartels, corrupt government, and for a better life for their children.

@dru18 All of the news organizations have been reporting on the 'whys', or they should be. Most of them are fleeing...

Drugs?  Violence?  Corrupt government?

Heck, a lot of people in major American cities face those same problems, nearly all of those cities having been under Democrat control for decades.  (click on the list below to see the entire image)
https://www.worldatlas.com/arti...ed-states.html
Maybe the people in these American cities should form caravans and seek asylum in Canada.  I'm sure Trudeau would welcome them with open arms. hehe smilie

P.S. Notice the cities ranked #1 and #7 in crime rate... two of the three that gave McCaskill a majority in the recent election. hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

@dru18 Another idiotic reply from the person who likened the caravan to the Holocaust.

Again you have bumbled over your own ignorance, dru, this time of history.
The Holocaust took place after WW2 started; it was too late for Jews to flee from Germany or German-occupied areas then, the borders were sealed.

But between 1933 and 1939, hundreds of thousands of Jews fled Germany, before the Holocaust began, and sought refuge in countries all over the world, none of those refugees carrying German flags, to the best of my knowledge.

@Thinkerbell Again you have bumbled over your own ignorance, dru, this time of history. The Holocaust took place after WW2...

I am well aware of what the Holocaust was, thank you!

AND once again how any of this liken the caravan to the Holocaust?!

@dru18 I am well aware of what the Holocaust was, thank you! AND once again how any of this liken the caravan to the...

No you're not aware, since you are still blathering the same nonsense as you were before.

I was contrasting the flag-carrying phony "refugees" from Honduras to the real, non flag-carrying German-Jewish refugees leaving Germany in the 30s before the Holocaust ever started.

Got it now?  No, of course you haven't. It went right over your head, as usual. hehe smilie

@dru18 I know you were "contrasting", and that is what was so damn sad.

Yeah, maybe you know now, after about five go-arounds on that point.
You certainly didn't know before... all you managed was a display of abysmal ignorance of history on your part.
It is indeed sad that it took you so long for it to sink in. hehe smilie

P.S. I notice you conspicuously failed to comment on the comparisons between the murder rates of St. Louis and Baltimore with Honduras. hehe smilie
https://www.amirite.com/823802#comment-2834180

@dru18 WTF? Why are you so obsessed with St. Louis?

For the same reason you are so obsessed with ducking the point that you have no answer for, i.e., the murder rate in St. Louis is HIGHER than the murder rate anywhere in Honduras.

Click the link for details... if you dare, that is.
You've already dodged it several times.   hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

@dru18 Why do you insist on comparing things that aren't comparable?

Your unsourced claim of their non-comparability, without a scrap of evidence to back up what you say, is simply another dodge on your part.

I showed, using your own Honduran murder figures, that the murder rate in Honduras is less than what it is in St. Louis.

And you've been dodging and weaseling ever since. hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Your unsourced claim of their non-comparability, without a scrap of evidence to back up what you say, is simply...

Six million Jews were killed during the Holocaust. They were hunted like animals because of their religion.

The people fleeing don't even come close to that number and are not being persecuted because of their religion. They aren't being rounded up by their country and sent to die in death camps.

You made the comparison without knowing a shred of history, thus, not knowing what the hell you were talking about.

There you go, failed fairy. Image in content

@dru18 Six million Jews were killed during the Holocaust. They were hunted like animals because of their religion. The...

You're still dodging, palepuss, in your futile deflection of desperation.

Once again: I was contrasting the flag-carrying phony "refugees" from Honduras to the real, non flag-carrying German-Jewish refugees leaving Germany in the 30s, BEFORE. THE. HOLOCAUST. EVER. STARTED.
https://www.amirite.com/823802#comment-2834870
Got it now? No, of course you haven't. It went right over your head, as it did twice before.

And do tell us, palepuss, is the murder rate in Honduras lower than it is in St. Louis or is it not?

You've been uncharacteristically quiet as a church mouse on that point.
hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell You're still dodging, palepuss, in your futile deflection of desperation.   Once again: I was contrasting the...

While you are so stupidly making that comparison between two completely different situations, why don't you post the similarity of the United States initially refusing to help the Jews, as it is now doing to the refugees?

Oh, but wait, that might bring up the comparison of the Isolationist Republican Congress of that time to that of 'Nationalist' Donald Trump. Couldn't have that, could we?wink smilie

@dru18 While you are so stupidly making that comparison between two completely different situations, why don't you post...

"Republican Congress of that time..."

Once again, you have made an ample display of your VAST ignorance. wink smilie
From 1933 on, and through WW2, the Senate and House had heavy DEMOCRAT majorities, sometimes approaching 80% of the seats.

And you're still dodging, I see. hehe smilie

So tell us, palepuss, is the murder rate in Honduras lower than it is in St. Louis or is it not?

@Thinkerbell "Republican Congress of that time..."   Once again, you have made an ample display of your VAST ignorance...

Nah, failed fairy, there was a healthy balance of both parties. Congress didn't want to go to war nor did the American people. They believed in isolation. Just as Trump is trying to push now.

You seem to have a real problem making that comparison. But yet, you are the one who brought up the Holocaust, which you are woefully ignorant of.

No, it, is, not, lower. The murder rate in Honduras is 43.6 per 100,000 inhabitants.

@dru18 Nah, failed fairy, there was a healthy balance of both parties. Congress didn't want to go to war nor did the...

You just proved that among all your other failings, you can't read a graph either, even when it's in color. hehe smilie
In 1938, for example, toward the end of the 75th Congress, there were 76 Democrats and 18 Republicans in the Senate.  In the House, Democrats outnumbered Republicans by 334 to 88.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7...tates_Congress

"Healthy balance of both parties"?  Oh, wait... I forgot.  A batsh-t crazy liberal would indeed think a 75-80% super-majority of Democrats would be a "healthy balance". hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

And then you tried to cover up your ignorance by shifting to isolationism. Yes, of course most Americans were isolationist between WW1 and WW2, but so what?  That has nothing to do with your latest colossal blunder of not even knowing which party had huge Congressional majorities during the FDR years. hehe smilie

AND. YES. THE. HONDURAN. MURDER. RATE. IS. LESS. THAN. ST. LOUIS'S.
The murder rate in St. Louis is 65.8 per 100,000 inhabitants, which is much larger than the 43.6 rate in Honduras, once again proving you are clueless with numbers. hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell You just proved that among all your other failings, you can't read a graph either, even when it's in color...

Nope, wrong about St. Louis, which is why you need to stop talking crap about places you know nothing of.

ISOLATION was the big part of my initial reply to you, which went flying over your head. A brick wall doesn't need to fall on you. More like a castle.

@2836188

Typical lefty response: if you can't deal with the opposition's facts, smack 'em.

Late for your Antifa meeting, aren't you, bingo?  hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

@2836331

That fly Is one of the Democrats that's going to be running for the presidential nomination in 2020.
One of their most attractive candidates. biggrin smilie

@2836355

You blew it, bing. hehe smilie
Like that other lib on here, you can't count; fairies have four wings, not two.  Besides, I'm not a Democrat. biggrin smilie
A deranged lib like you should eschew
Overloading his mind through and through,
'Cuz a POOR no-account
Such as YOU can't surmount
A numerical count above 2.

@2836388

If you click on the GIF in my previous comment, you can see all four of my wings, or at least parts of all four, none of which are halteres.

That means I am not of the order Diptera, your shockingly insensitive, Dipterophobic implications notwithstanding.

@2836433

You're wrong again, bing.
I've had perfectly civil discussions with at least three liberals on this site.

The insults start flying from the more benighted libs who take offense at my making fun of some of their political sacred cows, or if I document that their comments are factually wrong, as I did with the angry cat here, for example.

As for my poetry, well... you can't please everyone, I guess. hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

I KNOW I should NOT have the gall
To question the lib line at ALL.
But IF I find flaws
When the libs flap their jaws,
That's when MOST libs (not all) stall and squall.

@2836552

Well, I can't speak for others, but if you can find any alt right nonsense in anything I've said, have at it. wink smilie

Oh, and here's a limerick I'm sure you'll like, composed especially for libs:

@dru18 Nope, wrong about St. Louis, which is why you need to stop talking crap about places you know nothing of...

If I'm wrong about St. Louis, then so is the FBI, whose murder rate figures for 2017  I already cited. And here are their figures for 2016:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_St._Louis
The homicide rate in St. Louis in 2016 was 59.8 per 100,000, worse than Honduras, and it went even higher in 2017, reaching 65.8, as mentioned.

And what do you do in reply?  Issue flat denials without a scrap of independent evidence, as usual. It's not so because you say it's not so. hehe smilie

Sorry palepuss, but any reasonable person would need better evidence than your delusional denials, made up out of whole cloth, and devoid of any factual content. If it suited the liberal party line, you would say the sky is green and grass is azure blue.
hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell If I'm wrong about St. Louis, then so is the FBI, whose murder rate figures for 2017  I already cited. And here...

Notice, NO factual response to the stats I cited, just the usual downvote from the cowardly anonymous cricket. hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

Why not look for work in Mexico, you already speak the language.

@Flrdsgns Why not look for work in Mexico, you already speak the language.

Because the freebies are better in the US, especially in Cali, why else?

@Thinkerbell Because the freebies are better in the US, especially in Cali, why else?

Yet California voted overwhelmingly several years ago to deny illegals welfare, medical and public education, only to be overturned by the courts, proving that voting is pointless.

@Flrdsgns Yet California voted overwhelmingly several years ago to deny illegals welfare, medical and public education...

Then you need to vote out those judges, if they are elected, or else vote in governors and/or presidents who will appoint reasonable judges, if those judges are appointed.

Rolling over and taking it will surely do no good.

I imagine some would be very interesting to talk to.

I would ask them about their home, why they feel the need to leave. Ask them about their family, their journey. Ask about their plans for the future, what they hope to do. Wish them luck on their quest for a better life.

Talking to people who have lived lives so different from my own is always an interesting experience.

ask them why they couldn;t be bothered to fix their country, or why they couldn't be bothered to fill paper work and come in legally

@deusvult ask them why they couldn;t be bothered to fix their country, or why they couldn't be bothered to fill paper work...

Huh? You ever tried to go to a new country legally? If Trumps says they should come across 'legally' he should make it so.

@Sukiesnow Huh? You ever tried to go to a new country legally? If Trumps says they should come across 'legally' he should make...

I haven't been to another country since I was a kid, but if I where to go to another country now i sure as heck wouldn;t try to go without getting everything in order first.

we have borders for the same reason you have a lock on your door

Ask them how they're doing probably, ask what made them need to leave.

Also ask if they're capable of continuing up to Canada cause Americans are really fucking negative to refugees.
And yeah, sure there are some Canadians that are the same way but we don't take kids from their parents and put them in 'camps'

@ItsATrap Ask them how they're doing probably, ask what made them need to leave. Also ask if they're capable of continuing...

no, we do not want more illegals in canada, fill out the paper work wait for approval or not, otherwise stay out! why is it onyl western countries that are expected to bow to fake refugees and let them in, tell them to move to afghanistan see what kind of immigration they have there

@deusvult no, we do not want more illegals in canada, fill out the paper work wait for approval or not, otherwise stay out!...

Because western countries have the likes of M.S.M to twist stories around, to get bleeding hearts agreeing with their made up stories.

While you're at it....ask them why they didn't stop in Mexico, instead of choosing to put their "women and children" through unnecessary hell..

When they show up at your border...will you personally go down there and tell about 10 or 15 of them, they can stay at your house?.....of course you wont..but you expect other people to foot their bills..

I don't care if they circle the globe, right back to where they started.
Do it legally like millions of others have done or keep moving.

Matter of fact, there's a lesson.
Try doing something about the hell hole they're in, instead of running.
It'll save a lot of wasted foot work.

What I would like to do...is get 10,000 people that came here LEGALLY and let them talk to the refugees....if talking is what they preferred to do..

@Sukiesnow Trump should then allow them LEGAL entry! Problem solved.

why? do you have your door wide open with a welcome sign? no? well then don;t say anything about me and others wanting a lock on our borders as well!!

I know you're well aware that we have LAWS, just the same as you do over there..
They have to follow those laws, just like all the other people did...LEGALLY.

Maybe Trump can tell them, Canada will come pick all of them up and Canada will just let them in.

Then when those immigrants know they don't have to worry about laws.
More and more will start flocking.

Then Canada can keep coming and picking up 10 to 20,000 immigrants on a regular bases....

How about if Trump does that?

Good bye! Have a nice trip!

Anonymous