-4

the majority always correct?

My theory is that a fact can become a falsity if enough people believe it.

unknownconditions avatar Philosophy
2 32

I believe Joseph Goebbels is generally credited with the saying: "A lie repeated often enough becomes truth."

or something along those lines

Do they have torches and bloodhounds?..

Apparently not when it comes to electing a president.

@Flrdsgns Apparently not when it comes to electing a president.

Flanders - Get over it - Hillary knew that we use the Electoral Voting system for the president and Veep. Hillary lost, she was an awful candidate, FBI cast a lot of shade on her trustworthiness right before election and she ran a terrible campaign.

@Budwick Flanders - Get over it - Hillary knew that we use the Electoral Voting system for the president and Veep. Hillary...

Oh, I agree completely that Hillary ran a terrible campaign, that and the fact that she is so unliked by so many people. Her biggest mistake though was ignoring the rural vote and all the people in the fly over states.
Still the electoral votes should be scrapped. It should be popular vote period, electoral college is outdated and discourages voting.

@Flrdsgns Oh, I agree completely that Hillary ran a terrible campaign, that and the fact that she is so unliked by so many...

I've been against electoral votes before as it's the government flat out disrespecting the people saying they can't make their own decisions but now I see most people (either side) can't
the only people who let me down last election was the news, they are the peoples form of intelligence and they lied to further their agenda

If you want to avoid discouraging voters, stick with the Electoral System. That way New York and California won't be deciding every election without any input from the rest of the country.

@Budwick If you want to avoid discouraging voters, stick with the Electoral System. That way New York and California won't...

People should decide, if the majority of people live in California and New York, those two states should have the most input and representation.

@Flrdsgns People should decide, if the majority of people live in California and New York, those two states should have the...

Unneeded tinkering with a process that is over two centuries old could destabilize one on the steadiest political systems in the world.

@Budwick Unneeded tinkering with a process that is over two centuries old could destabilize one on the steadiest political...

Maybe time for an upgrade. The damn thing is over 200 years old, and republicans think everything in it is still current. Here's a clue Bud, the world has changed and new tech has been developed over the last 200 years.

@Flrdsgns Maybe time for an upgrade. The damn thing is over 200 years old, and republicans think everything in it is still...

No condescension required Flanders. Republicans are well aware of technological developments. We're also aware the technology has nothing whatever to do with treating people fairly. Even those in the middle of the country - you know, the ones that Hillary never bothered to visit in her last campaign.

@Budwick No condescension required Flanders. Republicans are well aware of technological developments. We're also aware...

Fairly is the right thing to do, but you people thinking you're extra special is ludicrous.

@Flrdsgns Fairly is the right thing to do, but you people thinking you're extra special is ludicrous.

"You people"?
Which people are those?
Republicans?
Those that live outside of New York and California?
Those that hold to the Constitution?

@Flrdsgns Far right nut jobs.

Ahh, so from your perspective;

Republicans,
Those that live outside of New York and California,
Those that hold to the Constitution.

@2835609

wait till we have a sanity test to prove your mentally heathy enough to vote why not a drug test too

if we have 50 states why cant we have 2 governments.. you can live next to people but can be governed by different rules. I call it federal state of mind.

@Budwick Is that one of your classic "bazinga's"?

just trying to make everyone happy with out slaughtering the opposition

@unknowncondition just trying to make everyone happy with out slaughtering the opposition

I see.
Well - “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't …” … please all the people all of the time” (Poet John Lydgate as made famous by Abraham Lincoln).

No. But they should have their way as long as they are the majority. Other options are equally flawed, at least with majority rule most people get what they want.

No. Good God no...

@2834481

When one does care about correctness, worthiness, being right - then they're no smarter than the two rams.

Majority always correct?
I hope not - I usually do not follow the masses, I go my own way, and it's worked out well.

Anonymous