In an effort to stop impaired drivers - like, there are still people out there who don't get that? - they've come up with an idea of Naming and Shaming. Would that make a difference do you think? Like...having your name or pic come up in the news - for all to hear?

Sukiesnows avatar Cars & Transportation
5 28

Wouldn't make a difference.And what about elderly ones in denial?

@2835060

I think we need a drunk driving hour at night when drivers except the risk and can avoid the roads

@2835085

i'd be more worried about the meth heads or people who didn't get their Zoloft or prozac

@2835030

Huh? So you've got a job. You go into work on Monday...your boss calls you into his office...says...so Paul...I heard on the news yesterday you were caught impaired driving. Since you work for company XYZ...we can't let this taint our name. You will be suspended for 3 weeks without pay.

@2835175

How about this. I just copied what I wrote to Rooster.

So you've got a job. You go into work on Monday...your boss calls you into his office...says...so Paul...I heard on the news yesterday you were caught impaired driving. Since you work for company XYZ...we can't let this taint our name. You will be suspended for 3 weeks without pay.

How Does that FEEL?

i'm ready for a drunk driving test to prove that i'm impaired , instead of them telling me I am. I'm done field sobriety tests before on foot , its more like an obstacle course then a driving test. what does following a pen have to do with driving. everyone's level is different and a lot of people suck at driving sober . to me drunk driving isn't illegal ,crashing is.

100% of vehicular deaths occur in vehicle, only 33 % involve their definition of impaired drivers. instead of pointing the finger at what caused the accident cars need to be 100% survivable. It's just car manufactures passing the blame for their unsafe products

@2835169

Peel regional police in the GTA are just getting fucking tired of pulling ppl over who don't realize alcohol and driving don't mix.

If I was a cop...I don't know if I could resist screaming at some people. But of course they can't do that.

When I volunteered at a local cable-access station, back in the late 1980s, we had "commercials" that would display pictures of people convicted of drunk driving or shoplifting.
I don't know if it helped or not, as it was the early days of cable.
...
I would also favor requiring anywhere that served/sold alcohol to have their pictures posted.

@Walt_OReagun When I volunteered at a local cable-access station, back in the late 1980s, we had "commercials" that would display...

its funny how American tv can't advertise cigarettes but every other commercial is a beer or car commercial. censorship is great. I can't wait to the see the first pro marijuana commercial . maybe it would be a bunch of hippies shoving pills down a doctors throat chocking the doctor to death. then they light up a huge cigar

how are police stations gonna fund themselves when every car goes autonomous

@unknowncondition taxes suck the government should run on donations

It's funny.
Everybody dislikes paying taxes.
But they also think it's "bad" when people find ways in the tax laws to reduce the amount of taxes they pay.

@Walt_OReagun It's funny. Everybody dislikes paying taxes. But they also think it's "bad" when people find ways in the tax laws...

there is other ways for governments to make money. maybe like controlling natural resources like oil instead of privatizing to their family.

@unknowncondition how are police stations gonna fund themselves when every car goes autonomous

Ha ha! Hello officer. Yes! I am impaired...but in this case it was my vehicles fault.

I doubt a drunk would care who knows he's been drinking again.