+2

Seeing art from artist's who said they went to school for art, is why I didn't want to go to school for art, even as an aspiring artist.

Apparently i've lost my picture posting privleges on amirite because of nudity in my art. so imagine a pretty picture. 8========D

unknownconditions avatar Art
2 21

I've never really understood "art school" anyways.
Did any of the great, historic artists attend school to tell them how to be artistic?
I don't believe so.

I mean ... most of the great artists are great because they created their own style.
Imagine if Salvadore Dali had attended art school and been told his way was "wrong".

I can't see anyone else doing the music I compose.

There's no school of completely insane composers.

I understand your POV 100%.
I recall entering the Chicago Art Museum some years ago. There was a large painting over the entrance, complete with a little stanchion naming the artist, blah, blah, blah and why it was an important piece of art. It was a giant canvas painted black - that's it, black from end to end, top to bottom - just black. Sorry Dude, that's not art - that's salesmanship!

@unknowncondition we have a whole room of that at the Philadelphia art museum.

I thought Philadelphia itself was an art concept put together by people on LSD.

@ZonkeyBalls I thought Philadelphia itself was an art concept put together by people on LSD.

philly is extremely progressive in every sense of the word. on paper it looks like a shit hole but i'm extremely proud to say I live close by and experience it

And again I say - the 'artist' was one hell of a salesman!

@Budwick And again I say - the 'artist' was one hell of a salesman!

Listen to my "Fuck you all" - post and you'll get a grasp of us selling your left calf back to you.

@unknowncondition makes me wanna play video games

I wonder, what the hell happened to my PSX...

EDIT: I am waiting for the week after X-mas... Huge, huge sales, probably - as always. I'm waiting on -100 € off from a PS4 set...

@ZonkeyBalls I wonder, what the hell happened to my PSX... EDIT: I am waiting for the week after X-mas... Huge, huge sales...

Some bigger chains might even heave a game on the deal as a plus. Fiscal year is not the same as the year, as such, but... Surprisingly enough... It usually is, even for foreign suppliers.

If I look at ART and think "a third grade student did that"....Not impressed.

A rectangle, painted 3 different colors is just that, I don't care what the artist name is, or how old it might be.

You might fool Buffy and Reginald with that crap....not me.