+2

Seeing art from artist's who said they went to school for art, is why I didn't want to go to school for art, even as an aspiring artist.

Apparently i've lost my picture posting privleges on amirite because of nudity in my art. so imagine a pretty picture. 8========D

unknownconditions avatar Art
2 21

I understand your POV 100%.
I recall entering the Chicago Art Museum some years ago. There was a large painting over the entrance, complete with a little stanchion naming the artist, blah, blah, blah and why it was an important piece of art. It was a giant canvas painted black - that's it, black from end to end, top to bottom - just black. Sorry Dude, that's not art - that's salesmanship!

@unknowncondition we have a whole room of that at the Philadelphia art museum.

And again I say - the 'artist' was one hell of a salesman!

@Budwick And again I say - the 'artist' was one hell of a salesman!

Listen to my "Fuck you all" - post and you'll get a grasp of us selling your left calf back to you.

@unknowncondition makes me wanna play video games

I wonder, what the hell happened to my PSX...

EDIT: I am waiting for the week after X-mas... Huge, huge sales, probably - as always. I'm waiting on -100 € off from a PS4 set...

@ZonkeyBalls I wonder, what the hell happened to my PSX... EDIT: I am waiting for the week after X-mas... Huge, huge sales...

Some bigger chains might even heave a game on the deal as a plus. Fiscal year is not the same as the year, as such, but... Surprisingly enough... It usually is, even for foreign suppliers.

I thought Philadelphia itself was an art concept put together by people on LSD.

@ZonkeyBalls I thought Philadelphia itself was an art concept put together by people on LSD.

philly is extremely progressive in every sense of the word. on paper it looks like a shit hole but i'm extremely proud to say I live close by and experience it

I've never really understood "art school" anyways.
Did any of the great, historic artists attend school to tell them how to be artistic?
I don't believe so.

I mean ... most of the great artists are great because they created their own style.
Imagine if Salvadore Dali had attended art school and been told his way was "wrong".

If I look at ART and think "a third grade student did that"....Not impressed.

A rectangle, painted 3 different colors is just that, I don't care what the artist name is, or how old it might be.

You might fool Buffy and Reginald with that crap....not me.

I can't see anyone else doing the music I compose.

There's no school of completely insane composers.

Anonymous