+2

Forced hot air heat is dangerous for health, amirite?

This cold weather causes the heat to blow all the time, dries the air my eyes and skin. I believe old fashioned radiators were the best heat possible. But find a house with those is impossible to do,

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
3 15
The voters have decided that LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Old fashioned radiators have that effect on me.

@2835953

thanks rooster, I put tins of water in each vent, that works for free. But still what a bad way to heat..

@2835953

@2835979

isn't that ridiculously expensive to use electricity bill wise?

@2836002

selective heating where i live would be a very bad idea lol, pipes would freeze and that would be no good lol

Forced is the cheapest and cleanest way to heat, but the most uncomfortable for dryness. I grew up in a house with radiators and it was very comfortable.

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2836008

Actually the radiators we had back in the early 60's would bleed off steam so the was no need for pans of water.

@Will_Janitor Actually the radiators we had back in the early 60's would bleed off steam so the was no need for pans of water.

Will, I never saw that type. In my family home we had the tall cast iron radiator, never saw them bleed, but there was a damp basement so maybe that is why our house was so comfortable.

my lips and hands dry out