+2

since woman are required to do less push ups to pass gym class, shouldn't boys be allowed to pass other classes with lower standards

60%Yes40%No
unknownconditions avatar Education
1 47

I believe the standards of most elementary and secondary schools have already been lowered significantly already. Ever see a kid try to give change when it wasn't an automated cash register?

@Will_Janitor I believe the standards of most elementary and secondary schools have already been lowered significantly already...

ok you got me lowering standards is bad. developing boys are cut short in their childhoods demanding to "grow" up before they are ready. I had no desire to learn anything till my twenties. my teens were spent competing , developing muscle and chasing girls. I felt forced to engage my mind before my mind was fully developed.

Sure, as soon as they lower their testosterone to the level that is in females.

@Sunny_the_skeptic That was never argued.

i'm a lifetime laborer .quit degrading my abilities over other people by telling me intelligence is more important

@unknowncondition i'm a lifetime laborer .quit degrading my abilities over other people by telling me intelligence is more important

I'm just telling you that the statement you made was not true. Facts are not affected feelings, I'm not degrading you, think before you speak.

i'm a laborer because i'm much better then other people at physical activity . I could learn a specialty but I don't need to I was born with skills

@Sunny_the_skeptic So uh... we scramble their pituitary glands before they hit puberty?

No, just don't hold women to the same standards when it comes to upper body strength.

One of the reasons I was bullied in school, was that I was not able to do push-ups/pull-ups. I could bike or jog all day, but had no "upper body" strength. Nor did I have the coordination to be good at sports.
...
And the senior gym teacher was widely known to flirt with the girls, and allow them to "get by" without doing any work if they flirted back

@Walt_OReagun One of the reasons I was bullied in school, was that I was not able to do push-ups/pull-ups. I could bike or jog...

I never understood that the first lesbian I ever met was allowed in the children's woman's locker room as the teacher. what a pervert

Woman are physically inferior by average compared to men, we can reach legal and social equality but physical is very individual.

@Sunny_the_skeptic What does that have to do with physical abilities?

being physically fit actually saves lives , does having an A is social studies?

@unknowncondition being physically fit actually saves lives , does having an A is social studies?

I have no idea how this sentence connects to anything said before or what point you're trying to make.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I have no idea how this sentence connects to anything said before or what point you're trying to make.

your cheating the wellbeing of these girls if you don't require them to be physically fit. in my gym class they were allowed to play board games and said the competition they received was enough for credit.

@unknowncondition your cheating the wellbeing of these girls if you don't require them to be physically fit. in my gym class they...

It is established that girls and boys are not the same physically, it's just school big deal, I went trough it so did everyone else. Women deal with periods, here's that fact for you. I for one am glad I don't deal with that.

@Sunny_the_skeptic It is established that girls and boys are not the same physically, it's just school big deal, I went trough it so...

but our physical standards should be equal because our mental standards are. the type of learning that you receive from school is easier for women to excel at because it's note taking and regurgitation. school tells you that your smart but not necessarily how to be smart.

@unknowncondition but our physical standards should be equal because our mental standards are. the type of learning that you receive...

How does PE have anything to do with education. You're making it a bigger problem than it is, a girl has to do 5 less pushups than you, big deal.

@unknowncondition they don't want to be equal

It's doing less of something annoying to girls, boys enjoy sports like football more, or at least it was this way for my school. It's not a big deal, you're making a elephant our of an amoeba

@unknowncondition i'm allowed to

It's not healthy. To answer your previous issue, it seems girls do better at school because by majority they care more, I had mediocre grades, because I didn't care. My grades in uni are not much greater for the same reason. I guess for men, we excel a bit later in life

No, and I'm not at all sure how many push-ups girls are required to do in gym class these days. It's been so long ago...but back in the day when I had to attend gym class, we did have to participate in a pretty rigorous exercise routine. I don't remember anyone ever failing the class, unless they didn't show up, or even make an effort to do what the gym teacher asked.

Also, boys have indeed had lower standards in other classes..when they excel in some sport important to whatever school they attend.

I believe this is already happening. Standards a lowered all over the map because of PC.
If a person can figure out to move a 200 lb person out of a burning without actually having to carry them, I'm all for the equality deal.
There was a video of a person who fell off a couch and the woman used a board and bucket to leverage the person back onto the couch. Pretty good thinking, work smarter not harder.

I don't have a problem with a different standard in evaluating peoples "fitness" based on their sex, but I do have a problem with people using a different standard when evaluating people's qualifications for a position that requires a level of strength and endurance. If a position requires an employee to be able to lift and carry an injured adult weighing 200 pounds, I don't want there to be an exception that requires a woman to only be able to lift and carry 100 pounds.

@JustJimColo I don't have a problem with a different standard in evaluating peoples "fitness" based on their sex, but I do have...

i'm a strong swimmer and a always wait for my chance at the beach to save an understrength lifeguard

@unknowncondition i'm a strong swimmer and a always wait for my chance at the beach to save an understrength lifeguard

And a person visiting that beach hopes the lifeguard was hired based on their ability and not a quota.