-3

Federal Budget CUTS in Schools!! So what You parents make me sick. You do the rabbit thing and bring kids into this world...and then you freaking expect the government to put them thru a schooling?

Since you brought them into this world...it's YOUR freaking responsibility to school your kids and look after their needs. Don't fucking blame the government. IDIOTS.

Sukiesnows avatar Countries & Places
1 38

You're wrong. We pay taxes for our schools. And parents have to pay for books, all supplies, lunches, etc. We sure didn't get a free ride.

@StarzAbove You're wrong. We pay taxes for our schools. And parents have to pay for books, all supplies, lunches, etc. We...

That's a good point. But just paying taxes - which I do, too - does not mean your expectations can be unlimited.

Too many parents expect their kids to be raised by the schooling system. LAZY fucking idiots.

@Sukiesnow That's a good point. But just paying taxes - which I do, too - does not mean your expectations can be...

I'm not aware of any parents that expect the schooling system to raise their kids. That's ridiculous.

@StarzAbove I'm not aware of any parents that expect the schooling system to raise their kids. That's ridiculous.

Many many do! Teachers have told me.

Furthermore...it's time governments stepped in and put an end to all this 'single mother' nonesense. Couples should also only be allowed a maximum of 2 children or there will be penalties! I'm not fucking paying taxes for people to have children willy-nilly and that's what's happening right now!!

Sound bad to you does it? Wait and let it sink in. Kids are horny and bingo! ....there's a baby on the way! ...this is stupid and also another reason for saying many parents are dumb and irresponsible!

Personally, I think schools should be funded by the States. We give too much money to the federal government. Keep those tax dollars at home. I'd rather make the states or local governments accountable for what and how they spend tax dollars on education. Lets face it, the federal government is never held accountable.

@JustJimColo Personally, I think schools should be funded by the States. We give too much money to the federal government. Keep...

The bulk of the taxes for schools do come from the state level, Jim, mostly in the form of sale and income tax.

@JustJimColo And look at how much federal influence and mandates comes from that.

Well, if a time machine existed, you could go back and talk to President Johnson about that one.

Yeah...the responsiblity of different govts isn't always clear. A lot of begging going on...and yeah...blame.

You are only supposed have children that you can afford to take care of.
You must mean all those who pop out kids and collect from the taxpayers. The government should not pay for more than two kids not the nine or more that are a burden to people who do work and pay taxes.

Home schooling for all.Never mind earning money.

I thinks it's in schools best interest to make dumb students. that sells more school

@unknowncondition so is ditch digging

teachers have the best hours and most vacation days of any realistic profession. I hate going to work on snow days , total pain in the ass. A 1.25 $ lunch would be nice. good teachers really stand out in my mind but I fear most lack the ability to survive outside the walls of high school even as adults.

This is where Libertarians shine - IMO.
Smaller federal government - a lot smaller government.
The feds could screw up a one car funeral.
Get back to basics - protect the country, currency. Probably a few other things, but department of education? Not needed, what ever they do, state and local could do it better and for less money.

@Budwick This is where Libertarians shine - IMO. Smaller federal government - a lot smaller government. The feds could screw...

Dept of Education (federal) is one of the MANY federal agencies NOT specifically allowed to the federal government in the Constitution ... which means it is unconstitutional, according to the 10th Amendment.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

This post is wrong. Most of the taxes that pay for schools come from the local and state levels. The Federal contributes about 10 cents to every dollar paid on schools.

And how do you expect to pay for public schooling, Suki? This money pays to keep the school buildings and equipment from becoming dilapidated.

As far as the 'rabbit theory' goes, more people are having less children, than the did a generation ago.

@dru18 This post is wrong. Most of the taxes that pay for schools come from the local and state levels. The Federal...

how many students need to die before it becomes a national defense issue .. tap into the military budget.. way more important then wasting it on planes. name the last time a military plane was shot down. I think we hold all money to the military till the actually use (lose) some of these devises were paying for.. if you think the military is keeping us protected go hang around an inner city school playground a tell me u feel safe .. the kids today are learning they have to take things into their own hands because government has done nothing for them.. way to go baby boomers this is all your fault

@unknowncondition how many students need to die before it becomes a national defense issue .. tap into the military budget.. way more...

maybe this is heartless.... but I used to care about military casualty numbers , but now I feel they are expendable. I worry more about the budget they are leaching from the peaceful citizens

@unknowncondition maybe this is heartless.... but I used to care about military casualty numbers , but now I feel they are...

Yes, it is heartless. Those 'expendables' are people you know. People risking it all to keep your sorry ass secure.

"how many students need to die before it becomes a national defense issue" - What are you talking about?

Aircraft don't need to be shot down before requiring maintenance or replacement. I don't believe the Air Force has a mission to protect inner city schools.

Listen punk, everyone does for themselves. We always have. YOUR generation is just the first to bitch about it.

@Budwick "how many students need to die before it becomes a national defense issue" - What are you talking about? Aircraft...

we are the first generation to question and not mindlessly except the government.

the mission of the air force or any of our military is to protect or citizens, I know a lot of these guys they would rather abandon their families to go murder people then protect their home front. if you have kids it's your fucking duty to them to find a job that keeps you in their life.

a solders life is not easy , but they volunteer.

the honorable days in the military are over.

over 50% of kids are medicated today for anxiety for fear of being murdered in school.
i'm just saying we are wasting money. spend it on the future not enemies we create.

Every time time I here we spend money on the infrastructure of a shithole country in the middle east makes me sick. Or money for information from some informant.

@unknowncondition we are the first generation to question and not mindlessly except the government. the mission of the air force or...

it's like calling the executioner who electrifies a death sentence a hero. no he's just doing his job . one that only a sick person would accept

@unknowncondition it's like calling the executioner who electrifies a death sentence a hero. no he's just doing his job . one that...

the individual solders are just doing what their told, they will die for our country it's just unnecessary.I blame the leadership for me feeling this way towards them. Trump is the best thing to happen to them. the globalist don't care about your sons they what them to get shipped to their country to protect their borders while ours get infiltrated

Unknown, before you do a spell check on your most wonderful generation award acceptance speech, you might want to check your history too. The 60's and 70's were rampant with young people expressing their opinions regarding government. Four kids at Kent State paid with their lives.

If you honestly believe that anyone in the military would rather abandon their families to go murder people - then, I suggest that you are equally ignorant on that topic.

You really are marginalizing yourself with some of these outrageous comments with no basis in reality.

@Budwick Unknown, before you do a spell check on your most wonderful generation award acceptance speech, you might want to...

even the spell check is broken these days … I didn't come up with my opinions out of no where .. I can only speak about the reality that is my own experiences just the same as yours have shaped your mind. no amount of research can reproduce this type of knowledge. I admit I have learned from your wisdom in my short time on this site so don't deny yourself my wisdom. I've always thought out loud and shaped my opinions on peoples reactions please don't think my comments are final i'm still learning. I always have a bit of regret with the harshness of what I say but I refuse to sugar coat it and I expect the same from you. obviously we have lead different lives I just what to give you a glimpse into my world . sadly it is not fantasy

@unknowncondition even the spell check is broken these days … I didn't come up with my opinions out of no where .. I can only...

What about the opinion you wrote - " I know a lot of these guys they would rather abandon their families to go murder people then protect their home front."
What personal experience are you developing that opinion from?

I'm also interested in knowing more about, "if you have kids it's your fucking duty to them to find a job that keeps you in their life." I'm older than you as you know, but I think I would have picked up something on the grapevine about this parental responsibility that I had never heard of heretofore.

Sounds like there's something you haven't explained completely regarding the fact that soldiers volunteer. What is it you are trying to say - without saying it?

I wonder if there is any credibility in your claim that "50% of kids are medicated today for anxiety for fear of being murdered in school". I don't doubt that there are a lot of kids medicated and in school. I'm questioning the 50% and the reason.

Claiming you can dump the responsibility of understanding since research wouldn't help - Really?
So, every generation needs to learn everything from their own experience? Knowledge can't be passed on from one generation to another?

Another concern - "I've always thought out loud and shaped my opinions on peoples reactions." WTF? Why would you do that? To satisfy the one you are with at the moment? I've never heard of such a thing. Does your opinion change then, depending on how people are reacting today vs yesterday? Or, is it more like which ever opinion results from the first persons reaction the one you stick with? (Do you see why I am questioning this method of yours?)

courage and bravery are different from integrity and intelligence ..our armed forces are the best , no argument there. but we as a country are losing this crazy social war at home, we need more whole functioning families.
I can really only speak about the 3 times deployed (two wars) marine I know personally ( this dude is badass) and now his son is second generation because he knows nothing else. this marine is a great mechanic but his son is not because he was unable to teach him this trade while away. I would never try to offend a soldier but I saw his family when he wasn't there . I would never down play his battle field accomplishments and unquestionable bravery, hes even taught me a few shocking things about bomb disposal which I don't have the balls for. as always we get caught up painting this broad brush and for that i'm sorry.
I just always think of those guys who were so patriotic in wars like Vietnam not agreeing with the presidents decision but still going there by draft and doing their duty believing it was in the counties best interest. It's because of these men that I step back and question motives.

Maybe this isn't the best way to end this but I had this thought

" soldiers are like rockstars, the only ones that matter are casualties "

If you have served I thank you are helping change the world beyond the fighting by allowing me and my kind to end war diplomatically.

@unknowncondition courage and bravery are different from integrity and intelligence ..our armed forces are the best , no argument...

A second grade teacher told me about the kids anxiety at a bar

Thinking out loud is all I know and it gets me in trouble

Im agree with yoursentence