VicZincs avatar Money & Economics
6 93

My grandfather died in his fifties as a result of being underground since he was 14.Where coal mining still exists miners should get all the protection they need.

@ThePrinceofWales My grandfather died in his fifties as a result of being underground since he was 14.Where coal mining still exists...

Coal is a dirty fuel and Trump should never have tried to reopen the mines. Let him go down into those mines every day for about a month, and see what it's really like, but no, he won't do anything that will hurt him, but doesn't care if the miners lose their health insurance.

@2838864

No, they would get better jobs and not be at death's door every day.

And the righties wonder why they got their smug, reality-disconnected asses kicked when the blue wave swept through this past November. LOLOLO!

@2838885

Getting a little personal there Theseus, you hardly ever do that. You usually make good arguments and get your point across without personal attacks

@Flrdsgns Getting a little personal there Theseus, you hardly ever do that. You usually make good arguments and get your...

It was to be expected....that's what Gates does. lol He has always been obsessed with me. lol Plus he has said that very same thing on SW. lol lol I'll send you link, same comments about my avatar and age. If he's 42 why is he on Amirite all day long. I thought he was a VP in some government job. lol Of course no one believed any of that, did they MM? lol

He has only been here for a couple of months, or so he says, but he has targeted me for some reason. I'm not any of those things he has said about me and I'm certainly not a callous person. You know me well, and you know I'm a caring person.....but what I don't understand is why someone who calls himself a newbie seems to know me from long ago. But I guess I do know.... he has shown his true colors, and there's only one person who fits that bill. MM

@2838885

Come on. Starz has got a good point of view. Who needs coal anyway...these days? With that rate of mortality...I sure would not want my dad doing that.

@Sukiesnow Come on. Starz has got a good point of view. Who needs coal anyway...these days? With that rate of mortality...I...

Coal is a killer, I'd rather have my husband flipping burgers than going into a deadly coal mine every day.

I see MM is back. lol

@2839024

There are already 'cheaper' alternatives.

Her hatred? She is going to bat for those who have suffered in that God awful industry.

@2839024

I can't even tell if you are being serious right now.

@VicZinc I can't even tell if you are being serious right now.

Vic, the only person who I accused of bullying lately is the hypocrite that is trying his best to make me look bad. He's been here two months, if you believe that, and in that time, I've not complained about any bullying going on. He's such a liar. And another thing, why is he so concerned about me. Could it be that Gates has returned...I think so.

I don't give a rat's ass that he's annoyed with me....his opinion doesn't matter at all to me. He's a hateful petty little person who is stalking my comments, even though I've asked him to stay away from me. And that is bullying.

@2838885

People who have lost their jobs usually find others. You seem to forget that the economy is doing great according to your master.

Why is it I give an honest reply and then you start dissing me. You're the most callous, obsessed, bitter, petty old fart on this site. Too bad you can't behave like a gentleman like a real man acts instead of bullying a woman and calling me names all the time. You don't even know me, and I'm so glad you don't, I wouldn't have a person like you as a friend. You disgust me, you hateful ugly person. You need to get some manners, oh, I forgot you were raised under a rock. Now go spew your hate to someone that gives a damn.

@2838898

" How many times must I explain my dislike of Trump?"

I just about fell off of my chair when reading that one. I don't think there is one person on this site that thinks you actually dislike Trump. So, it's your "explaining" that could use a little work.

@2838898

Evidently you're not talking about me, because I'm a happy person, it's you that must have a learning disabled, and rude as well. You're nothing but a petty little man who delights in thinking he's smarter than anyone else. A pretentious snob who thinks he can belittle other people, to make himself look big. lol Got news for you, it's not working, you're a mean cruel bully that bullies people because they are smarter than you are, and you can't stand it, that I'm a strong person.

I don't give a damn about your opinion of Trump, for your information I don't read your comments and could care less your feelings for Trump.
If' I'm such a miserable person, why are you stalking me all the time. NOW STAY AWAY FROM ME.

@2838901

"….but I still kick your ass in debate...just like Trump does with the elitist liberal pinhead heroes of yours"

I am sorry to ask this, but is that another example of your "dislike for Trump"?

@dru18 "….but I still kick your ass in debate...just like Trump does with the elitist liberal pinhead heroes of...

I didn't know giving an opinion was a contest, but evidently that person thinks it is. He says he doesn't like Trump, lol, who would believe that when he's sucking up to the conservatives all the time. Hypocrite.

I always know when someone is losing an argument, the name calling begins, and this guy, MM, does that to me all the time. Guess I'm the winner after all, you think?

@2838885

Look, the world is looking into more cost efficient forms of fuel. It shouldn't, but what it boils down to, is money. So coal is on its way out, and people who have slaved in that industry for decades are going to have to accept that.

They will not be the first to have to learn new skill sets as technology and innovation take over. And they won't be the last either.

@2838864

Theseus, coal is on it's way out, get use to it.

@StarzAbove Yes it is.

As technology moves in, careers leave. I am not sure why anyone would argue with the fact that 'ways of life' are always being replaced.

@dru18 As technology moves in, careers leave. I am not sure why anyone would argue with the fact that 'ways of life' are...

I was told I was callous because I didn't support the coal industry and people losing their jobs, and that's not true at all, he took my thoughts and words out of context and tried to make me look like the bad guy. But where was he when GM workers were laid off, or where was he when Carrier employees were laid off. Not one word.

@StarzAbove

Now now Starz - let's not be "able-ist"

@VicZinc Now now Starz - let's not be "able-ist"

lol There's no sense trying to explain anything to her, she says the same crap all the time, I guess it's easy to cut and paste than to type something sensible.
.....so I will either ignore her hatefulness or post some graphics. lol

I figure most people are aware, that Trump is not to blame to for the ages old problem of coal miners developing serious and often fatal respiratory diseases. I also know that is very often the coal company doctors and lawyers, who try to find ways around compensating the miners for those diseases when they can't work anymore, and denying them any health benefits.

In the meantime...Trump has surely crowed about bringing back "beautiful, 'clean' coal" on numerous occasions. I'm guessing he hasn't done much research on when and how coal can be cleaner....since he has been gradually chipping away at undoing the environmental
regulations formerly in place that would make it a little "cleaner".

THIS is sort of fun reading: https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2018/...-reading-full/

@2838866

I thought I made it clear that I knew it can be burned "cleaner", in my comment. Trump just might get a lump of coal in his Christmas stocking, based on his record of environmental deregulations. Coal has never been what any reasonable person could call " clean"...

@2838882

Well, I knew that coal was often used as a main source for people keeping warm even in the not that distant past. The lump of coal for supposedly "bad" kids, is a pretty old tradition too, though. Yeah...being able to keep warm is obviously a very good thing.

@2838895

In some states it is...which is why investing in, encouraging and supporting "cleaner" energy sources is nothing but a great idea...to me. I know there is no energy source that is "harmless".

Being a "poor" people myself, financially, I don't really need to be instructed about what they can afford. Environmental regulations without any attempts to help those who are actually burdened by them? Yeah, that's pretty heartless. Just like it's heartless for the wealthy mine company owners to try every way they can to avoid paying benefits to to the miners who develop lung disease.

@2838939

That is an easily understood stereotype, based on my own observation. Not just from what I've seen and heard people say, but by looking at the voting record of politicians who claim those affiliations. Yeah, most to many stereotypes are exaggerations embraced by some, to mock, demean... or confirm a belief held. No matter that so many stereotyped, definitely don't fit in that neat little box some are determined to put them in.

My brother had them installed on his roof, too, after the house was payed for. Whether it qualifies as "support" of green energy or not, I do know they rarely had to pay a power bill, after that. For him, it was support of "greener" energy...

@2838653

Trump ran on these promises:
Revive the coal industry
Remove the insurance mandate
Cut taxes

He delivered on on three

Just sayin'

@2838661

Shame on you for pretending I said "he created this mess."

I said "thank goodness he (did three things)" It was sarcasm - it is a shame he did those things, because all three could lead to worsening of the problem and none of them will help.

But you want to toss me under the bus every chance you get. So there's that too.

@2838667

If there's one thing that is absolutely clear after the past 2 years on health care, it is that Rs have no alternative to the ACA, and never will. Their plan is for people to get sick, go bankrupt, and die.

@2838669

Single payer is the only real option. These miners need insurance and access to healthcare.

And their children need regulations to ensure they will have cleaner, healthier places to work than their parents had.

@2838672

Fair enough.
I submit neither does Donald.

@VicZinc If there's one thing that is absolutely clear after the past 2 years on health care, it is that Rs have no...

And that is Trump's fault. The buck stops at the President's desk, but this president blames everyone else.

@2840955

lol It would be amusing if she wasn't so full of hate....

@VicZinc Shame on you for pretending I said "he created this mess." I said "thank goodness he (did three things)" It was...

Vic, you are dealing with somebody who has the stubbornness of a mule combined with the IQ of a gnat.

No, of course Trump didn't create the problem, but he is not actually solving it either by pretending to bring back coal jobs as a cheap way to obtain a few votes.

If he actually felt anything for the miners he would be focused on backing newer, cheaper, and cleaner alternatives to coal. But instead, he has let other countries take the lead on that, while he throws out some tainted red meat to his base.

That sucks...coal isn't worth it. Life isn't worth that. The only way it's worth it is if you spend 6 months coal-mining and another 6 months rehabilitating from it...and that wouldn't be worth it.

As is your habit, Vic, you left out an important part of the story in your introduction.
From the article:
"For decades, government regulators had evidence of excessive and toxic mine dust exposures, the kind that can cause PMF, as they were happening. They knew that miners like Kelly and Smith were likely to become sick and die. They were urged to take specific and direct action to stop it. But they didn't.
"We failed," said Celeste Monforton, a former mine safety regulator in the Clinton administration who reviewed the NPR/Frontline findings."  [boldface added]
Edit: oops, just saw your comment, JW. Great minds think alike, but some think alike earlier than others. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell As is your habit, Vic, you left out an important part of the story in your introduction. From the article: "For...

Didn't miss that at all. As usual you read into my post what you expect to see and not what is therem

@VicZinc Didn't miss that at all. As usual you read into my post what you expect to see and not what is therem

I didn't say you MISSED it.  You undoubtedly didn't.

I said you didn't SAY anything about it in your intro, so as to give a false impression.

Very much like CNN, MSNBC, etc. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell I didn't say you MISSED it.  You undoubtedly didn't.   I said you didn't SAY anything about it in your...

Why would I talk about the past, I included the article. This post is about how current policies don't help a known problem but do help my 401k. So yeah and yay my 401k is apparently what matters.

You see I finally figured out that Trump supporters only care about their 401k and pointing out the these problems have always been around so there's no point in having policies that solve these long standing problems when we can have policies that help my 401k.

So go Trump!

@VicZinc Why would I talk about the past, I included the article. This post is about how current policies don't help a...

"Why would I talk about the past, I included the article."

Of course you wouldn't talk about the past in this case, Vic; it wouldn't serve your deceptive purposes.
So you did what the New York Times routinely does— it includes the parts of the story it doesn't want to air on page 35, where it knows 95% of the readers will never look. biggrin smilie