deusvults avatar Politics
4 21
The voters have decided that deusvult is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Doesn't matter ... it has to pass the UN Security Council, and will be vetoed by the US.

@2838796

historical precedent + common sense

The US, China, and Russia always use their veto power on the UN Security Council to veto measures they don't agree with.

@2838802

I'm willing to bet anything involving criminal measures or immigration will go before the Security Council. I'm also betting that since this would affect national security of EVERY nation, it will go before the Security Council.

@2838806

So if it's "voluntary and non-binding", what are your panties in a wad about?

@Walt_OReagun So if it's "voluntary and non-binding", what are your panties in a wad about?

because when countries sign on to it they are expected to abide by the rule and any moron president or prime minister who signs on will abide by the rules. and secondly it becomes binding

@deusvult because when countries sign on to it they are expected to abide by the rule and any moron president or prime...

"Non-binding" means even if you sign up, you don't have to abide by it.
...
So, to be honest, I don't know why any country who agrees with it would sign it - since it's no guarantee that any other country will follow it even if they do sign it. Then again, I don't understand why the UN allows countries with terrible record on human rights to be on the committees allegedly protecting human rights.

@2838900

we do certainly,

it shouldn't be forced upon people who don't want to support the migrant's how is it my job to take care of them?? my taxes or whatever is for my own country and people.

The un is nothing they can't force anyone to do anything. Glad trump wants to get rid of it.

Not accepting people who need help is bad, but dealing with a horde of people some of which aren't willing to integrate with your society is worse.