AVATARS: We all have one! How did you choose your avatar and what does it mean to you, if anything?
Some people use cats, dogs, scenery, surfers, some have used authors, even presidents, some have used their own photos, some have even used fairies. lol Some have used whirlygigs. Some have used cowboy movie stars, even politicians. It's a personal choice, then why do some people have a problem with what a person chooses?

I have used movie stars in the past....thus my screen name....not to fool anyone, in fact I was sent my present avatar by a friend that he liked., which is not a movie star but a graphic he found on Google. I have used babies as my avatar before, even used Carol Burnett, On another site, I'm using a candle. I have used Christmas decorations as my avatar in the past, and other holiday themes.

Image for post AVATARS:   We all have one!   How did you choose your avatar and what does it mean to you, if anything?

Some people use cats, dogs, scenery, surfers, some have used authors,  even presidents, some have used their own photos, some have even used fairies.   lol     Some have used whirlygigs.  Some have used cowboy movie stars, even politicians.    It's a personal choice, then why do some people have a problem with what a person chooses?
55% I chose mine because... 36% I just like what i have picked 9% No reason, just picked one 0% some people seem to have a problem with mine. lol
StarzAboves avatar Friends & Socialising
6 30

Becuase I'm a fan of the show, because I study something medical and because I see a bit of myself in Dr.House's bad sides.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Becuase I'm a fan of the show, because I study something medical and because I see a bit of myself in Dr.House's...

Thanks Sunny, I have always liked your avatar. And I did recognize it as Dr. House. I used to watch his show all the time....good actor, good show. Bad side, I don't see you that way...I see you as a very smart person with a lot of good comments. A person who is fair to all of us, and a gentleman as well.

I found mine on a cat site.People seem to like him.

ThePrinceofWaless avatar ThePrinceofWales I chose mine because... +4Reply
@ThePrinceofWales I found mine on a cat site.People seem to like him.

I've always liked your avi..... it's a cutie. Thanks for sharing.

@2838963

I think it fits you. Does anyone ever tell you that you shouldn't be using a movie star and that you're trying to be John Wayne? lol Some have a problem with my avatar, think mine is a movie star, which it isn't, rather petty, don't you think? lol

@2838970

lol Hard to believe that people seem to take avatars seriously. lol

It's nothing deep or meaningful. I just think very highly of Will Rogers. :)

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor I chose mine because... +4Reply

My current avatar is a picture that my father took in the 50s of the H-Bomb tests in Nevada.

@2838978

I have always liked the Hunchback....a sad tale that turned out great. Me thinks you're being too modest? lol Thanks for sharing.

Mine is a Mary Cassatt painting. Something about the little girl's stance and pensive expression just gets to me, I guess.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 I chose mine because... +2Reply
@2839067

It is rare isn't it. There are some really good ones to.

I guess some miserable people will criticize someone for just about anything, sad isn't it?

@2839075

Did someone get booted today?

@2839083

One of those that got booted is back already, and he's saying the very same thing about me that he said before and on SimilarWorlds. Same old crap. He seems to be obsessed with me. Pretending to be a newbie, but he's not.

@2839083

I wonder what ever happened to Syn, the one that got booted off of here for calling a woman the C word? Oh, I forgot he's already back, saying the same old crap. lol

It's a picture of me. No pictures of me are particularly great, but this one will give you an idea of how nerdy I look now.

Tibbys avatar Tibby I chose mine because... +2Reply
@Tibby It's a picture of me. No pictures of me are particularly great, but this one will give you an idea of how nerdy I...

You're not nerdy at all, but I see a handsome young man. some people choose to use their own photo, which is great if that is what they want to do, others choose to randomly pick something. It's great that we all have that choice. Thanks for replying.

Hey Will, I think you're in trouble for sending me all those avatars of good looking women that I have used over the years. lol Kinda funny isn't it....but we do have some very funny, petty people on this site, you think?

Anyway, thanks dear friend, for all the trouble you went to to find all those photos, they were great. I still have a few tucked away someplace.

@StarzAbove Hey Will, I think you're in trouble for sending me all those avatars of good looking women that I have used over...

There are a lot of different personalities on here. Sometimes the avatars give some insight into that and sometimes they aren't even close, but they are all interesting. :)

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor I chose mine because... +3Reply

I wanted something pretty but noncommittal. Mine is a picture I took at the Grand Canyon. It is beautiful in my mind.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy I just like what i have picked +1Reply