Will_Janitors avatar News & Current Events
7 19

The ones I've met have seemed fairly happy, when they have room to run around in...and a comfortable place to rest and have shelter. I believe it's safe to say, that no chickens raised in a factory farming situation are "happy".

Piper2s avatar Piper2 I don't have a chicken. +4Reply

My mom had chickens and they did a lot of running around when she came after them with that look in her eye. We always knew when we'd be having fried chicken that night. lol

I'd love to have a place where a couple of chickens could walk in and out...and ducks, too! On our farm they were always constrained to a henhouse.

@Sukiesnow I'd love to have a place where a couple of chickens could walk in and out...and ducks, too! On our farm they were...

In our village we only placed them, scratch that they went in themselves in the hen house after dark. Otherwise some fox or something will kill them.

Not my son, he is probably personally responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands of them.

JerryHendricksons avatar JerryHendrickson I don't have a chicken. +1Reply

When someone else chokes it...but it doesn't like getting kicked.

I know, somewhere wide with lots of grass and bugs that is also warm and some farmer comes a few times a day and feeds them.

@Will_Janitor If I were a chicken I'd sing up for that one. :)

Lots of chicken in the countryside. My uncle is a farmer so I've had my childhood filled with memories with animals. Boy did those chickens lay eggs a lot, seems like happy chicken always lay big tasty eggs.