deusvults avatar Politics
4 18

A lady hesitantly wished me Merry Christmas today. We both broke into wide smiles when I wished her Merry Christmas back. Ya want to put me in jail over this - go ahead, Great health care, housing, food and no taxes. Sounds like a retirement program to me.

I have never once met anyone who gave me a hard time for saying; MERRY CHRISTMAS.

This is simply not true, I hear merry Christmas wherever I go. Though if someone said happy holidays to me i couldn't care less so maybe i pay less attention than the snowflakes on this one.

@TAST This is simply not true, I hear merry Christmas wherever I go. Though if someone said happy holidays to me i...

you live in canada? i know school sin Canada or some won;t do any christmas related things, many businesses have signs saying happy holiday;s not merry christmas, people to people sure we still say merry christmas, but to deny this is happening is just burrying your head in the sand. and secondly, the snowflakes are the reason why its happy holidays more and more and not merry christmas.

@deusvult you live in canada? i know school sin Canada or some won;t do any christmas related things, many businesses have...

People to people is what matters. If buisnesses want to extend their warm wishes to all their clients/customers how is that a bad thing? How does that negatively affect anyone?

I dont know how schools are these days to be honest but up until I graduated high school only 8 years ago we still had Christmas themed stuff.

I'm sure some people get "snowflakey" over merry Christmas but I've seen waaaaay more cases of people getting their panties in a bunch over Happy Holidays

@TAST People to people is what matters. If buisnesses want to extend their warm wishes to all their clients/customers...

saying merry christmas affects no one negatively except for white virtue signaling liberal who want to see a culture free western world.

I graduated 8 years ago as well, lots have changed since then

I have been in a lot of stores this season, and everyone has said Merry Christmas to me, no one has ever said Happy Holidays. Christmas is alive and well. Have a Merry Christmas.

@2839187

same, christmas is my countries heritage, snowballs chance i am going to give up my heritage to appease the white virtue signaling liberals

besides, all you who are denying the war on christmas, what is happening with the song baby its cold outside, rudolph the red nose reindeer, you think they will stop there? they will find reasons to remove every single christmas song and movie from stations,

I say either. This was my concern last year...now ppl can take from me what they can get.

Saying Happy Holidays during the month of December, is simply an inclusive greeting. It makes sense to me, in places of business...and those that are government funded.

In the days approaching CHRISTMAS, my saying, and hearing others say Merry Christmas has not lessened one iota in the last decades.

@Piper2 Saying Happy Holidays during the month of December, is simply an inclusive greeting. It makes sense to me, in...

no it does not make sense, Im not giving up my culture for the sake of some snowflake white liberal who gets offended to virtue signal to minorities who aren't actually offended

Not this again... Personally I don't understand why some people get so upset about what is basically a non-issue.

If you want to wish everyone "Merry Christmas" then do it. If you don't want to say "Happy Holidays" then don't say it. No one is forcing us to say anything to anyone. Nor is anyone forbidding us from saying anything to anyone. (Not sure what the middle east has to do with any thing since our right to freedom of speech is protected by law.) This is not n attack on anyone's personal beliefs and traditions regarding Christmas so put aside the anger and think for a moment.

This is not about being "against saying Merry Christmas in fear of offending minorities". Rather it's about accepting the reality that not every person celebrates Christmas. In fact millions of people do not, so using the less specific "Happy Holidays" is more inclusive and welcoming. (That's why many businesses have chosen to use it rather than "Merry Christmas",) And there's something else to consider. Wishing someone a "Merry Christmas" when he or she may not celebrate the holiday is like wishing someone a "Happy Birthday" regardless of whether or not you know it's his or her birthday. It may not be offensive, but it's arbitrary and meaningless to the recipient.

The intent of a special greeting or salutation is to wish another person happiness and show good will. It's not about us and our beliefs and our right to express those beliefs anytime we want. Yes, we have the right to say "Merry Christmas" to anyone anytime, but is it always the right thing to do? I would say no. If I know the person I use "Merry Christmas", "Joyous Kwanza", "Happy Hanukkah", "Good Yule" whatever he or she celebrates. If I'm unsure I use "Happy Holidays". And that's my humble opinion. wink smilie

P.S. I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! pce smilie

Anonymous