-1

if you can honestly say this is ok in a FREE society. then you do not understand what it means to be in a free society. and should seriously contemplate moving to a country such as North Korea. do not bring this dictatorship to my country......wait too late, our dictator in chief is already implementing this BULL into law.

and what if i won't answer or pay, will they jail me? sent to the Gulags? this is getting out of control, this is liberal OPINION shoved down our throats and told we must accept, tell me this never happened before, tell me it went well the last time this happened. I dare you! just because its liberals doing it does NOT make it more acceptable.

StatsCan planning to ask gender questions in 'pilot' census — and answering is mandatory | CBC NewsStatistics Canada may be coming to your door with some very personal questions next year. About 250,000 Canadian households are being targeted for a 'pilot' census in May and June - a dry-run for the full-scale census in 2021. Many new personal questions are being added, and answering them honestly is required by law.https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/census-statistics-canada-arora-bains-mandatory-pilot-sex-gender-1.4952288
0%Yes100%No
deusvults avatar Politics
3 23

Your feelings regarding trans men and women are irrelevant since you are not trans. Check "male" and move on.

Personally I found the effort to collect banking and credit information on 500,00 people far more troubling. How much do you pay for your house? How many paid sick days did you take? Why does the government need such detail about a person's personal finances? frown smilie

@2839906

I can understand asking general questions regarding education, income level, etc...but all the rest is a little too "Big Brother" for my taste. mischief smilie

Why is asking gender wrong? You are what you are deal with it!!

@2839935

Sex refers to the biological state of being male or female. It is associated with physical attributes such as chromosomes, hormones, and internal and external anatomy.

Gender refers to the socially constructed roles associated with being male or female. It is based on the attributes, behaviors and activities we associate with femininity or masculinity.

Gender identity refers to one's internal sense of being male or female. Gender expression is how one expresses that sense of being.

The term transgender is really an umbrella term that describes a person whose gender identity and or gender expression differs from those usually associated with the sex he or she was assigned at birth.

Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic and or physical attraction to the opposite sex (heterosexual) the same sex (homosexual) or both sexes (bisexual). Sexual orientation is distinct from sex, gender, gender identity and gender expression.

So it is entirely possible for a person to be both homosexual and transgender, i.e. a lesbian trapped in a man's body. If that is you it means more boxes to check off come census time. wink smilie

@2839935

i'd kindly remind you to go take a biology class lol

Trans people exist mate, I suggest you get over that. Including trans gender options on a census form will have zero effect on your life

@TAST Trans people exist mate, I suggest you get over that. Including trans gender options on a census form will have...

this law proves YOU wrong. if it had zero affect on my life why could I be fined 500$? yeah stop lying to yourself,

trans exists, it should NOT be shoved down our throats

@deusvult this law proves YOU wrong. if it had zero affect on my life why could I be fined 500$? yeah stop lying to...

Because they think that's the only way to get proper results on their census, kinda shitty but probably needed to get useful data. I dont think the whole census is about gender...

Putting it on a form isn't shoving it down your throat, just check Male/Female and move on

@TAST Because they think that's the only way to get proper results on their census, kinda shitty but probably needed to...

its none of the governments beeswax,

government does not need to know your gender, your religion. your thoughts. etc etc, its none of their beeswax

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred trans is like bi really nothing suffer in your own body don't push your queer ideas on normal people....

Trans is not like bi. They have nothing to do with each other.

No one should be expected to "suffer in your own body" because someone else objects to his or her sexual orientation or gender identity. Living one's live openly and honestly, regardless of being trans or bi or whatever, is not "pushing queer ideas on normal people". Everyone deserves a basic level of respect and tolerance.

pce smilie