Is there a book title you particularly like, of those you've actually read and enjoyed?

There are a few that come to mind for me, right off.

Image for post Is  there  a book  title  you particularly   like,  of those  you've  actually  read  and  enjoyed?
Piper2s avatar Books
9 33

At one time in my life I was very interested in King Henry VIII and his wives. I read all the books about his wives. He was a brutal and cruel king.

@2841959

I remember that one. A compelling title and short story to me, as well.

The Good Earth by Pearl Buck taught me a lot about the ways of people, good, bad and aging.
That has stuck with me and it has been over 50 years ago when I read it.

@ozzyboy The Good Earth by Pearl Buck taught me a lot about the ways of people, good, bad and aging. That has stuck with me...

I remember liking the title of the book as well the content, also. Makes me feel guilty though just thinking about it...I think it's the only borrowed book that I never managed to return.

@2842074

Thanks Rooster...I like it, too.

"Are you there God? It's me, Margaret."

@dru18 "Are you there God? It's me, Margaret."

That is a compelling title to me, too.

@Piper2 That is a compelling title to me, too.

Piqued the interest in this sixth grader.

@dru18 Piqued the interest in this sixth grader.

I was about to start or already in high school when that book was first published. I didn't read it back then, but maybe I still will.

@dru18 It has held up amazingly well. And yes, adults will still be able to relate.

I wish Judy Blume had started writing when I was still in elementary and junior high school. I have little doubt, that I would have liked and appreciated that one in particular.

Yes...I seldom read fiction. I'm studying the traditional methods of food preservation...Might come in handy some day.

@Azlotto Yes...I seldom read fiction. I'm studying the traditional methods of food preservation...Might come in handy some...

Catchy title, and an interesting subject even to me...who has not actually tried those methods.

@Piper2 Catchy title, and an interesting subject even to me...who has not actually tried those methods.

I've offered several people some of my fermented foods...They looked at me like I offered them Plutonium to eat.

@Azlotto I've offered several people some of my fermented foods...They looked at me like I offered them Plutonium to eat.

It was one of your posts that got me kind of interested in it, as far the nutritional value of some fermented foods. I'm not surprised though, that some people would look at you that way. :)

@Piper2 It was one of your posts that got me kind of interested in it, as far the nutritional value of some fermented...

"It was one of your posts that got me kind of interested in it"

You have an excellent memory retention.

The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul

@ThePrinceofWales The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul

Good one! Several of his books have catchy titles, I think. smile smilie

Another book title I particularly like, is "A Confederacy of Dunces"...

@DandyDon

I had to "Google" that one, although the title alone would probably compel me to read it.

@Piper2 I had to "Google" that one, although the title alone would probably compel me to read it.

Yea, I read that when I was knee high to a grasshopper and I always remember that book.