can we discuss organizations who are not receiving paychecks from the government shutdown?

It should be more like that movie the purge right?? but the skys not falling , the big complaint seems to be longer lines at the airport … so be it. Lets keep it shutdown, see how far we can go.

unknownconditions avatar Politics
4 35
@2845531

So does the worthless Congress.

@beachbum So does the worthless Congress.

they are scared ass shit about their lobbyist though, they forgot about that bi-weekly SMALL automatic deposit called a salary a long time ago

@2845531

As do all the members of Congress.

@2845559

I'm not laughing at her at all. I just heard good news about her health. So I'm sure Trump is upset about that, he had her at death's door.

As an aside, when I was still in the work place, when I missed work, no matter the reason, I still got paid. The perks of working for a great place. And I might add, my boss/owner was a Republican, in fact he ran for Congress at one time. We were all hoping he would win to get him out of the office. lol

@2845531

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg missed being present for "high court arguments" for the first time in her 25 years of holding that position. She had part of a lung removed around 3 weeks ago. I figure she has some sick pay built up in all those years. Just sayin'....hehe smiliehehe smilied smilied smiliethink smiliethink smilie

Traffic controllers for one. All Parks Services. TSA. It's nothing to joke about.
I guess unless you're the one going without a paycheck, it doesn't matter. Geez. Have some compassion for your fellow Americans.

@StarzAbove Traffic controllers for one. All Parks Services. TSA. It's nothing to joke about. I guess unless you're the...

one time I didn't work for two weeks because of rain. I wanted to, I needed the money, but I couldn't work. i'll start to feel sorry next month.

@unknowncondition one time I didn't work for two weeks because of rain. I wanted to, I needed the money, but I couldn't work. i'll...

But you knew when the rain stopped you would be going back to work. These people have no idea when they will be going back to work.

@StarzAbove But you knew when the rain stopped you would be going back to work. These people have no idea when they will be...

I was harsh and these people really are the victims. trump has nothing left to fight for then this wall.

@unknowncondition I was harsh and these people really are the victims. trump has nothing left to fight for then this wall.

I was hoping the government would be opened, people getting their checks and they all could argue about the wall after that. But that's just my logical way out of this situation. But, who listens to me. lol

@StarzAbove I was hoping the government would be opened, people getting their checks and they all could argue about the wall...

It's what you do when you find a room full of people you can't convince. You have to take the argument out of that small room and ask everyone what sounds reasonable.

@unknowncondition The next caravan will be in the unemployment line with them, or being scabs.

but seriously hardships are not fun for anybody and we should seek solutions not sympathy. I can't imagaine the American government this poor.

@unknowncondition but seriously hardships are not fun for anybody and we should seek solutions not sympathy. I can't imagaine the...

we save money up every year in an hurricane relief fund in case of that kind of emergency, i'm sure they will take that money especially because it has been a mild hurricane season. Why would congress be so slow to solve the problem.

I know museums in Washington are shut down

TSA seems to be a big one

@2845568

do we even need pilots for that matter. how about a plane that can't get taken over.

@2845573

yeah tsa always had a pervy vibe

Thinking more about this … It seems hard not to see that now congress is stuck to build the wall or "Reopen the government" which is probably with in their power to refuse in the first place. They didn't shut down taxes so at the very least funds will be appropriated for something. How long will congress wait before unpaid payroll becomes enough to buy a wall. If he does it with them shutdown there is nothing stopping him. Americas builders are gonna work, come hell or high water.

@2845577

Israel gets 38 billion, take it from them

At least the farmers aren't getting their farm aid payments. That is one positive aspect of this shutdown.

Um... so how come TSA agents and air traffic controllers are considered as non-essential as museum attendants?

Oh, dammit!  And I was going to fly down to Washington and hang out in the Smithsonian museums for my mid-winter vacation. frown smilie

@Thinkerbell Um... so how come TSA agents and air traffic controllers are considered as non-essential as museum attendants? ...

seems like a failsafe for anarchy. If anyone (the people or the president) stop funding the government the gates become open for the hostel takeover. TSA need to remember if they are part of the government and receive the good pensions and pay it's their duty to step up in times of crises . Just like a mom and pop shop has to push thru the hard times.