Have you ever been successful in negotiating with someone, a company, store, etc. to get a better price on something? If so, how did that work out for you?

I was able to get a better deal on one of my car services this morning. That's the first time I ever tried to do that....but it won't be the last. How about you?

Image for post Have you ever been successful in negotiating with someone,  a company, store,  etc. to get a better price on something?   If so, how did that work out for you?
25% I've never tried doing that 38% i do that all the time 0% i've tried doing that, but nothing changed 38% other
StarzAboves avatar Money & Economics
5 21
@2848022

Good for you. The only time I should have said something, but didn't was at a Mexican restaurant. I ordered two tacos, and all they had in it was some ground beef, nothing else. I should have refused them, but didn't want to cause a ruckus. Next time I will speak up if it ever happens again.

@2848061

Thanks. I don't want to see your "angry". lol

@2848063

That's good. You sound angry on here sometimes.

@2848065

I'll remember that. I'm accused of being angry and mad at the world on here too, but it takes an awful lot to make me mad. I just consider the source and move on.

@2848074

I didn't know that, sounds like a fun job, now you're an "entertainer" here.

I can usually detect sarcasm, and you're right most of us do take things seriously on here. I know I get my feelings hurt quite often. Too sensitive, I guess.

@2848082

I see your humor sometimes.

@2848021

Same with me, I don't haggle, I just told them if I couldn't get a better price, I would cancel, and I said it as a matter of fact. They lowered the price. lol

I did when I purchased my current new "old" car. I had already signed some papers on it, but not finalized the deal. That evening I found my car listed online for almost $4,000 less than the dealership's quoted "lowest" price. I took the printed page in there, of course. Although the manager had all kinds of explanations for the big price difference, I did get the car for $2,000 less.

My son is great at negotiating anything. I told him he's gonna do the negotiating for me next time. lol

Do it every time my broadband contract is due for renewal.

ThePrinceofWaless avatar ThePrinceofWales i do that all the time +2Reply
@StarzAbove Do you get a good deal each time?

Yes-or they'll lose me.I think it's next March my current deal runs out.

ThePrinceofWaless avatar ThePrinceofWales i do that all the time +1Reply
@ThePrinceofWales Yes-or they'll lose me.I think it's next March my current deal runs out.

I might have to do that with Sirius. It can be done, I know that for sure.

I'm so old I expect things to work they way they advertise and I will have a discussion if something doesn't live up to expectations.
Insurance companies are a particular vexation. My car got hit and their insurance refused to play ball. I put out a note on the internet and got a call at 8:30am the next day. I proved my case to them and it all got resolved and paid for by them. Ah, the beauty of the internet.
This is only one of many stories but I do see customer appreciation starting to fall by the wayside these days. They simply don't care much anymore.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy i do that all the time +2Reply