Flrdsgnss avatar News & Current Events
8 95

I don't watch or listen to Fox News (0r any other main stream media) Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh.
Just another day...in the grand scheme of things.

Do let me know when Trump gets impeached though...I might miss it.

@DandyDon I don't watch or listen to Fox News (0r any other main stream media) Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh. Just another...

Yep, life goes on. Can't see Trump being impeached though, Haven't seen enough evidence yet

@dru18 Stone was arrested today. It is getting closer.

We can hope, but I think there is a better chance of removing him because he is crazy. Only thing is, if Trump goes, that puts Pence in there, and that may be much worse.

@Flrdsgns We can hope, but I think there is a better chance of removing him because he is crazy. Only thing is, if Trump...

I don't think so. Pence is as exciting as vanilla pudding, he won't get to first base during re-election.

@dru18 I don't think so. Pence is as exciting as vanilla pudding, he won't get to first base during re-election.

I meant if Trump were removed because he is insane, that would put Pence in there for the rest of the term.

Since Trump loves to give people nicknames, what do you think of calling Trump "Caveman Don"?

@2849015

Know what I'm sayin!?... lol

@2849275

How does JFK get into the equation? I wouldn't even put those two in the same room together.

@2849390

"and will soon have more days AS president than JFK." LOL! Yeah, and so what? I can come up with a bunch of presidents who had more days than President Kennedy.

And he is not my president. In fact, I doubt he is legally the president at all.

Wonder how long before Trump starts calling Stone nasty names, like he did Cohen?

@Flrdsgns Very true.

And yet they still voted for the biggest con man there is.

@StarzAbove And yet they still voted for the biggest con man there is.

I know, but you have to admit Hillary ran a terrible campaign. By her totally ignoring all those middle states pretty much sealed her fate.

@Flrdsgns I know, but you have to admit Hillary ran a terrible campaign. By her totally ignoring all those middle states...

I agree partly with that assertion. But the Clinton name is controversial, and there are many who will never vote for a woman,...period.

@Flrdsgns I know that, those old testament evangelicals still think women belong in the kitchen.

Even as a kid, I have always thought that group was the biggest bunch of hypocrites.

Maybe not, without Russia helping Trump, Hillary probably would have won. She did win the popular vote, though.

@StarzAbove Maybe not, without Russia helping Trump, Hillary probably would have won. She did win the popular vote, though.

That she did, but ignoring Michigan, Ohio and a couple others is what cost her the election.

@dru18 There are many, many, factors, that contribute to her lose.

Simply being a Clinton was enough for the right to hate her. She did run a pretty bad campaign, and she isn't the most likable person out there, but she did still beat Trump.

@2849343

More votes means she did beat Caveman Don. Paying no attention to the electoral college is what cost her the presidency.

@Flrdsgns More votes means she did beat Caveman Don. Paying no attention to the electoral college is what cost her the...

Uh-huh.
And my baseball team, which had the most hits, lost just because it didn't score as many runs. Terribly unfair.

What liberals who make the ridiculous popular vote argument overlook, is that if it was popular vote that mattered, the campaign strategy would have been different, concentrating on population centers rather than on swing states.

I don't know who would have won in that case and neither do they.

@dru18 And he still would have lost.

Well, as long as we're speculating, it would be much safer to speculate that Hillary would have found a way to lose.

Her presidential runs are unblemished in that respect. hehe smilie

@2849007

If anyone doesn't know that by now... they'll never know.

And this is far from any kind of win for the wicked witch of Washington.
She has three weeks before she'll be melting on the ground, crying.

@2849017

Probably a Big Mac. hmm smilie

@2849017

He took a pause...because he knows, Pelosi doesn't care if they eat cake.

@2849043

No heat??? How come?

@2848994

What do you think Rush will say about it on Monday? Wasn't it Coulter and Limbaugh that caused Trump to not sign the agreement he had originally agreed to? Will Trump's decision to re-open government boost his poll numbers or cost him with his hard core supporters?

@2849054

I'm not impressed with his "negotiating" skills. They seem to be a little rusty. When you only have 1 issue (the wall), there is no room to negotiate, it was either win or lose. Pelosi has been around a long time, and she know politics. I hope Trump learned a lesson and realizes he has to work with Congress and not dictate to them like he has the past 2 years.

@2849067

Yeah, Trump promised a wall but settled for a cave!

@2849073

So many Air Traffic Controllers were calling in sick that the back-up of planes unable to land was getting to the dangerous level. I guess they shut down La Guardia today, and I know it affected air traffic at LAX also. Had one plane crashed and innocent people died, it would have ruined Trump forever, as he would have caught the blame for it.

@2849087

Had Pelosi given in to Trump, he would have used closing down the government next time he wanted something. Trump is the one who shut it down, Trump had to re-open it. McConnell had gone to Trump this morning and told him he wouldn't be able to hold the republican senators much longer, they were already breaking away and voting with the dems. No, Trump painted himself into a corner and there was no way out.

I won't even speculate, about who Fox news commentators will blame. The biggest victory is for those who will get paid again, for at least 3 weeks.
I suspect Trump "caved" in temporarily ending the shutdown, because he is getting it from all sides. Just maybe, he realized that the shutdown could become far more of an emergency than his beloved wall.

@Piper2 I won't even speculate, about who Fox news commentators will blame. The biggest victory is for those who...

I sure hope he has learned he now has to work with and deal with Congress and not just make unilateral decisions like he has for the past two years.

@2849113

Great idea! I'm pretty sure most Democrats and Republicans went on some kind of "vacation" over the Christmas and New Year holidays. Since Trump took responsibility for the shutdown, maybe staying at the White House and playing the martyr seemed like a good idea to him. Then again, maybe he was just nervous about flying anywhere. wink smiliewink smilie

hahaha Trump will go ballistic, especially if Fox turns against him. lol lol Tonight I just might have to listen to Fox....oh pain. lol

@2849044

Sure you do. "OTHER" tripe, nonsense, excuses, schpin...to name a few, are totally unbiased alternatives. smirk smilie

Trump could just declare a national emergency and get the border wall built that way, but he'd rather let the legislative branch do their job and fund border security. And he was willing to make a deal, so the Dems could have secured his cooperation on some of the things they'd like to do, but they flatly refused to negotiate. I don't think it's a stretch to say the Dems could have got amnesty for the dreamers if they were willing to trade for the wall.

So what have the Dems accomplished for their constituents? They may think they've hurt Trump by making him blink, and maybe they have, but he's shown that he cares more about people getting their paychecks than he cares about his pride, and they've proven that they care more about harming Trump than helping government workers or advancing the interests of their constituents. Because foreign citizens living in the country illegally are one thing, but people who are still on the other side of the border are just straight up foreigners, so the Dems have shown that they care more about the interests of foreigners than they do about the people who elected them.

As for the talking heads, who elected them leaders of public opinion? I don't care what they think, I know what I think.

@2848995

Trump does seem to be a pro at negotiating himself into a corner with no way out.

@2848995

Why is it that any woman who grows old, is defined as a hag? What, did you think her looks would freeze in time? Trump is the same generation as Nancy.

@2849108

I have no idea what she is up to. I don't pay much attention to her.

@dru18 Why is it that any woman who grows old, is defined as a hag? What, did you think her looks would freeze in time?...

She's also 6 years older than Trump, and in my opinion anyway...looks a helluva lot better.

@2850566

I'm not aware of her health problems, but I agree that she is gutsy.

@2850862

Thank you Bingo, but I do know of Justice Ginsburg's health issues, and recent injury and cancer surgery. I agree that she is tough, in many ways.

The person who was referred to as an "old feeble hag" and nerd though, is Nancy Pelosi.

@2851080

So have I, and many other women.

@2849106

What's with this "you people" stuff? Neither I nor the member I was addressing mentioned the word "ugly"...although most every dictionary definition of the word "hag" does.
Thanks...but I figure if I wish to call Trump anything disparaging, I'll just go ahead and do it without your or anyone else's permission. wink smiliewink smiliewink smiliedhat smilie

My world crashing down? OH brother....

@2849199

hag:
noun [ C ] US ​ /hæɡ/​
"an ugly old woman, esp. an unpleasant or cruel one."
"If someone refers to a woman as a hag, they mean that she is ugly, old, and unpleasant."

Ah well...perhaps you could take that up with dictionaries, the "looks" and hag correlation. As far as your "right" to disparage anyone you want, I wasn't aware that anyone was questioning that.

@2849203

Here's the thing, RL. There is nothing about my comment to another member, that even implies that I have any issue with your use of the word. Fact is though, that the word does indeed imply a disparagement of a woman's looks.
You, on the other hand, seem to have an issue not only my with comment...but with anyone disparaging Trump's looks.

It's okay though, I give you "permission" to have a problem with Pelosi, my comments, and anything you want! biggrin smilie

@2849030

Same difference. She's anything but feeble, she made Trump cave. lol

@2849050

My reply was "pissy" and "traumatized"? You can't hear the tone of my voice or see my expression, but yet seem to know both.

As far as calling Trump a hag, I think most people would be surprise, since that crappy name has never been used when describing a male.

But to help you out, here's a peek at my expression as I type this. Image in content

@2848995

He's caving to the people who owe rent and other bills.

@hootowl He's caving to the people who owe rent and other bills.

As well he should. I'm really glad the workers will receive back pay. I hope this doesn't happen again anytime soon.

@2849095

So what if Fox defends him. You can go to CNN, MSN, NBC ,CBS, And ABC. They will be knocking the
the hell out of him. Will that make you happy?

@2849395

He's not playing nice.Miss botox Nancy is playing it like a woman scorned.

Anonymous