EMAIL ADDRESSES; Is it possible for several people to have the same email address? Care to comment?

I've been getting quite a few notifications in email from FaceBook. I'm not on FB, so evidently there is another person using the same email address as I am. I didn't think that was possible. What should I do?

Image for post EMAIL ADDRESSES;    Is it possible for several people to have the same email address?   Care to comment?
0% I don't know 29% Never heard of that before 43% That could cause a real problem 29% other
StarzAboves avatar Technology
4 15

There have been days when I've gotten 15 or 20 notifications to that other person. I have now blocked FB notifications. Hope it stops.

@2849369

I had a FB account for two weeks but I had a different email account then. I have no idea what is going on.

@2849429

Never thought of that, but that was a long time ago, and just started getting these emails. Very strange.

@2849438

Thanks for the info. I have sent them to spam, just recently I blocked them. If there is another person out there, she's missing a lot of notifications about her friends. lol

I wouldn't think that was possible, either. Also, I never get email notifications from FB. I do see some pretty bizarre stuff when I look at my Spam folder, but that's different from what you're experiencing. Have you opened any of them?

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Never heard of that before +2Reply
@Piper2 I wouldn't think that was possible, either. Also, I never get email notifications from FB. I do see some...

All I could do was just click onto them, it took me to FB and was told to log on. lol I couldn't log on cause that's not me and I didn't know the password, strange isn't it?

its possible, I received more sensitive information not meant for me, but apparently the one who was supposed to receive the e-mail had the same as mine

its possible for sure, a lawyer 2 years in a row sent me some e-mails regarding flight plans 9with flight numbers and such for a co-worker or something, was meant for someone else in the states, but I ended up receiving those e-mails, i friendly told them they had the wrong guy, funny thing is she remembered it happening the first year when it happened again.

it could cause serious problems, if the e-mail contains sensitive info,

I wouldn't think it was possible for two people to have the same email address.
You usually get told to pick another name if it's already taken..

I just throw them into spam or junk, until they finally disappear.

@DandyDon I wouldn't think it was possible for two people to have the same email address. You usually get told to pick...

It's very strange, isn't it. I was really surprised. I have since blocked where they were coming from.