I’m trying to find a reputable place for my cat to have radioactive iodine treatment in or near Long Island NY. Also any advice on this treatment would be helpful. Thanks. (Cat has hyperthyroid disease)

Image for post I’m trying to find a reputable place for my cat to have radioactive iodine treatment in or near Long Island NY. Also any advice on this treatment would be helpful. Thanks. (Cat has hyperthyroid disease)
Qazzies avatar Animals & Nature
5 8

The nearest place to me is an hour away and doesn’t answer the phone. That’s not putting me as ease. When a cat has this treatment, they must be apart from the owner for 3 days to two weeks from the sites I’ve read. My cat and I are inseparable. So, to me, this time away is torture. All I can imagine is how scared she’d be and wonders why I left her there all alone. And if anything were to happen to her....

I wish I could help, and I'm sorry about your cat. All I know about the treatment, is that it's supposed to actually cure cats of the condition.

Can't help you on this one, Qazzie. WI is a lot more than an hour away from you. Hope you get some info that helps. :)

Are you sure that this can not be controlled by medicine?

@dru18 Are you sure that this can not be controlled by medicine?

It can be controlled by medicine, but not cured. With the treatment, there’s a 98% chance that it would be cured. Thank you :)