-2

Have you ever gained weight and had people point it out to you?

Image for post Have you ever gained weight and had people point it out to you?
44%Yes56%No
Qazzies avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
4 8

I have. I have been thin most of my life. I gained some weight at one point and had very direct comments about it. It’s rather amusing.
1: The cashier at the drug store said, “What happened? You got so big!”
2: My sister, who is morbidly obese, said, ”What happened?” And many times she addressed me about how and why I should lose weight.
3: My boyfriend flat out said, “You’re fat.”
4: My brother asked me, “How’d you get so fat?”
5: My other brother, who is also morbidly obese implied that I was a match for him in a physical fight.
6: My dad, just always saying this and that... you’re just so beautiful, it’s a shame... giving me pointers.
7: Grandma: “Don’t feel bad about the way you look, what you should do is .....”

I’m not fat. I never have been. I was a little chubby for a little while. Actually, I think I kept it on longer than I would have if I didn’t get all of those negative responses. Out of spite.

My parents are both thin. I’m the youngest and have always been the thinnest. My siblings have all been obese. One sibling overcame that. The one who said, “How’d you get so fat?” My sister was underweight her whole childhood and adolescence. Then she just blew up. Like a “blueberry”. :(

My family likes to tease, so any difference is noticed and pointed out. That's ok cause I give it back as easy as take it. I used to work pretty hard to maintain, but I now that I'm 65 I am running short on reasons to work that hard. yum smilie

@Will_Janitor My family likes to tease, so any difference is noticed and pointed out. That's ok cause I give it back as easy as...

Lol. We do too. But nobody teased anyone about there weight in my family because they were actually fat. And when I put on a few pounds, it wasn’t teasing. It was scrutiny. I took it in stride, really. Especially when the cashier commented on it in front of other customers. But I guess I’m still thinking about it because nobody noticed that it didn’t really offend me. I always thought that I should have gotten some credit for people saying to my face that I was fat. Anyone else that I know, especially those who commented about my weight, would have retorted with a snide comment or something more.

No, it was the opposite, my Mom always told me to eat more, that I was too thin.

I have two nieces who are obese, but I have never mentioned their weight. I love both of them just the way they are.