-2

Did you watch the state of the union speech

Say what you like about Trump. But I watched him give his state of the union last night. It was an hour and a half. Trump didn't say um or like, he went right along talking for the whole time. I was pretty impressed as nobody can do that these days

Image for post Did you watch the state of the union  speech
46%Yes54%No
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Language
8 44

I watched it and liked it.

@2851432

Pelosi did not cringe, she looked amused.

I thought it was a great speech. There were a couple of awkward transitions, but overall he hit it out of the park. I also think Pelosi and the Dems made themselves look bad with some of their responses. Like when Trump is talking about hundreds of women being rescued from sex slavery, and Pelosi is shuffling her papers like she couldn't care less, doesn't clap, not a good look.

@Maze I thought it was a great speech. There were a couple of awkward transitions, but overall he hit it out of the park...

OMG, LMAO!! He was trying to take back his slipping support. After the shut down happened, he became toast in the three states that helped him crawl over the finish line. He fooled nobody. It was too little, too late.

@dru18 OMG, LMAO!! He was trying to take back his slipping support. After the shut down happened, he became toast in the...

"Too little too late! Too little too late!" You sound like a parrot, which corporate neo-feudalist mind control apparatus fed you that line?

@Maze "Too little too late! Too little too late!" You sound like a parrot, which corporate neo-feudalist mind control...

Maze, Trump has slipped in the polls. The 35 day government shutdown sealed his fate.

You honestly think his speech on Tuesday night made any difference? After two years, people have already made up their mind about him.

@dru18 Maze, Trump has slipped in the polls. The 35 day government shutdown sealed his fate. You honestly think his...

"Saturday, February 09, 2019

"Just as in 2018, President Trump’s approval rating jumped dramatically after his State of the Union address Tuesday, rebounding to 50% approval in Rasmussen Reports’ daily Presidential Tracking Poll after two full nights of post-address polling."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com..._told_us_feb09

Nope, I'd rather rearrange my sock drawer

I just wanted him to say: "You've been watching 3 hours of analysts talking about what I'm going to say ... so I don't need to say anything." And then leave.

I think that would be hilarious.

I will wait for the SNL version

I was playing cards but I did watch his speech. I was disappointed that he didn't go after the gems so much but then I appreciated the respect he gave them anyway. I can't say that the dems had as much class as he showed. He is truly trying to run this country efficiently and they are ignoring their jobs and putting all the time and money in attempting to take him down. America is watching and it does not bode well for the dems.

@2851569

That's what I'm talking about, not missing my only show ... and I don't record.

One vote is worth a billion words.

@DandyDon That's what I'm talking about, not missing my only show ... and I don't record. One vote is worth a billion words.

I know it is a pain when your good shows are over run by politics. I remember once in the 80's going out on a Tuesday during state o union speech. That was ladies night and wow it was crowded, sadly there is no place left to go out around here.

It was horrible. It was too little too late, and Trump came across like a big phony. Even Coulter hated it.

@2851520

No, but under Trump it is more likely to become more like Saudi Arabia.

Some of it, I found it rather bland and more like a campaign rally than a speech. I fell asleep before it was over. I did think it was nice that he had the WWII vets there, that was impressive, not by what Trump said, but what those guys accomplished in their life.

It was just another rant about the wall.

@2851518

Ah that poll looks like people voting the party line. Only the independents vote can be trusted.

@2851518

Un huh, every president gets a bump in the polls right after his State of the Union address.

@dru18 It was way too little, too late. He is down in the polls, and he is feeling it.

Yes he is. And now he's calling Schiff names because he's going after Trump's financials.

@dru18 Exactly. And I loved the way he added the part of not investigating him.

lol So did I. If he's innocent why is he so afraid of the investigations? lol

Nope watched my show.

I know basically what he's going to say.
I know the wicked witch is going to disagree with whatever he says, doesn't matter what it is.
I don't need to see that.

I'll read it and stay away from the predictable, useless, drama.