Regardless of what your beliefs are: Do you know of any actual Churches that have Confessions besides Roman Catholics?

If you don't know, that is fine.

Image for post Regardless of what your beliefs are: Do you know of any actual Churches that have Confessions besides Roman Catholics?
29% yes...they are... 43% NOPE 29% other
EternalSailorSols avatar Religion
7 14

Usually not formally, but Christians are encouraged to confess their faults to one another.

@2851646

I am Roman Catholic, but only have been one for months. I didn't really go to church that much, when I was younger. I was technically an Anglican before the Easter Vigil of 2018.

The Catholics are the only ones that I know that use a go-between to hear confessions. That being the Priest. It seems all the rest cut out the middle man and go directly to the source. :)

im not knowledgeable enough of all other religions to be able to give an honest answer to this question, to my knowledge only catholics, but that doesn;t mean much,

AFter reading the comments, which were all good answers, I agree that many churchs have one form of confession or another is some form. What sets the Catholic church apart is that any priest, appears to be able to absolve you of your sins. That has always been something I couldn't believe. I was always taught that only God could forgive sin.

No, I'm not aware of any other churches that have confessionals. But if anyone has a problem, the minister is always there to listen. Protestants don't believe that anyone can forgive sins except God.

@StarzAbove No, I'm not aware of any other churches that have confessionals. But if anyone has a problem, the minister is...

Me, neither. I am Roman Catholic, but keep in mind I've only been one for months. I am asking because I know who isn't Roman Catholic but hoping there is a way for them to confess there sins, one way or another.

@EternalSailorSol Me, neither. I am Roman Catholic, but keep in mind I've only been one for months. I am asking because I know who...

As a Protestant, we confess our sins privately to God in prayer. We don't believe like the Catholics do that a priest or pope can forgive sins....only God. We don't need an intermediary, we go straight to God. I hope that answers your question.

I have no idea.

Here is the penitential order and general confession of sin from the Episcopalian Book of Common Prayer, said before every Eucharist.
https://www.bcponline.org/HE/penord1.html

Thinkerbells avatar Thinkerbell yes...they are... -1Reply