Thinkerbells avatar Science
2 8
The voters have decided that Thinkerbell is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2852105

I think maybe you took my post more seriously than was intended.

Yes, of course this "research" was of little value and probably a waste of taxpayer money.
I could just have well have posted a clip about "research" where people were brain scanned while they orgasmed in a laboratory setting (see 1:10 in the clip below).
The "researchers" discovered, among other things, that women's orgasms last longer on average than men's, and that other functions of their brains shut down more completely during orgasm.
Science marches on.

Thinkerbells avatar Thinkerbell Yeah You Are -2Reply
@2852053

Nah... your brain is like your muscles.
Exercise (as appropriate) improves them both.
Use it or lose it. biggrin smilie

Thinkerbells avatar Thinkerbell Yeah You Are -1Reply

We live longer on average, so I wouldn’t doubt it.

Mashas avatar Masha Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Masha We live longer on average, so I wouldn’t doubt it.

Yes, and both effects may well be at least partially due to women drinking less and eating healthier than men. A stronger constitution, adapted by evolution for surviving childbirth, may also be a factor.

Thinkerbells avatar Thinkerbell Yeah You Are -10Reply
@Thinkerbell Yes, and both effects may well be at least partially due to women drinking less and eating healthier than men. A...

I also read that sons of alcoholic fathers are more at risk of alcoholism than daughters are. Epigenetics is one harsh mistress!

Mashas avatar Masha Yeah You Are +4Reply