+12

WARNING: Animal Aboard!

That kitty was lucky, in that he only lost an ear. Many animals lose their lives.

Gentle Reminder

1. Walk around your car and really inspect it. I once found two newborn kittens on the top of my tires.
2. Honk your horn a few times before starting the engine.

Folks, it is cold out there and animals are looking for a warm place. Lets not make it their last place.

Image for post WARNING: Animal Aboard!
dru18s avatar Animals & Nature
9 17
@2853008

Your doggie has a lot of empathy, my friend. There are animals who really have what it takes to be outstanding. Your dog is one of them. Not to mention, he's quite the cutie. :)

🐶🐕Exactly🐈🐱

I don't drive... a vehicle, but you are right. I have a medical scooter, though.

I hope those kittens were okay, the ones that were on top of your tires.

@dru18 Scooters are a blast! And I don't think we have to fear an animal hiding out in one.

One winter, there wasn't much snow, that year, a kitten jumped on the scooter, the part of the scooter where one would keep there feet on. Him or her ran away from home. Someone else was trying to get the kitten back to his or her owner (they were trying to contact them with a cellphone, but I don't thing he had much luck), they picked up the kitten, and went to the kitten's home, to see if someone else was home... I don't know what happened after that.

The kitten was wearing a collar, with a name, address and at least one number on it. I don't remember everything.

@EternalSailorSol One winter, there wasn't much snow, that year, a kitten jumped on the scooter, the part of the scooter where one...

No telling how he got out, they are such stinkers. Glad you and the other person were there at the time.

@dru18 No telling how he got out, they are such stinkers. Glad you and the other person were there at the time.

The kitten seemed to like me. They are so cute and sweet. I do have a heart for them., even though, I am a dog person. Had a female dog, who passed away years ago, who loved most cats for some reason. Had a next door neighbor who had cats, had a cousin with cats, a care home where my Grandpa used to live in (before he passed) had cats.

@EternalSailorSol The kitten seemed to like me. They are so cute and sweet. I do have a heart for them., even though, I am a dog...

Of course she liked you! Kittens know a good person when they see one.

I love 'bow wows', just don't have the time to really do right by one. My dogs were always female, and I loved them dearly.

I can see where a senior citizen residency would have cats. They are quiet, cuddly, and make most people feel good.

@dru18 Of course she liked you! Kittens know a good person when they see one. I love 'bow wows', just don't have the...

The care home where my Grandpa was living at, also had some dogs. One of the seniors there at the time had a dog for a pet of his own.

That's how we got got our 3rd cat. They have all been rescues, but this kitten was warming herself up on an engine block. It was a friend of ours from town so we ended up taking it in.

@Will_Janitor That's how we got got our 3rd cat. They have all been rescues, but this kitten was warming herself up on an engine...

Oh, that is so cool, Will. You not only saved her life, but gave her a home as well. Thank you, fellow animal lover!

@dru18 Oh, that is so cool, Will. You not only saved her life, but gave her a home as well. Thank you, fellow animal lover!

Thanks, Dru. I do love animals. They are totally honest and return what you give 10 fold. I still believe in hunting, but with respect. Not trophies. That's just my opinion.

@Will_Janitor Thanks, Dru. I do love animals. They are totally honest and return what you give 10 fold. I still believe in...

I agree with everything you said, Will. Trophy hunter, along with can hunters, are bottom feeders, the drudges of humanity.

@2853105

Indeed. I found a nest of baby squirrels all snuggled in my engine. Mom was nowhere to be found, so I took them to Wild Life Rescue. They bottle fed them for quite awhile, and when old enough, they set them free.