What is the best advice you have received from someone you don't like, either in person, online, phone, etc.?

Image for post What is the best advice you have received from someone you don't like, either in person, online, phone, etc.?
33% NOTHING!!! 0% This... 67% Don't remember
EternalSailorSols avatar Life
5 5

If someone doesn't like me, I sure won't be taking any advice from them. lol

I was going on about something and I was told to tell it to my shrink. Hah! I didn't even have a shrink. I thought that's what friends were for and I learned that day that this person was not my friend. Very valuable lesson.

Key words “Someone YOU don’t like”. I’ve had a few people that I didn’t like give me advice that actually made me realize something that I needed to acknowledge. A long time ago, one guy pointed out to me that I’m too blunt. “Just because you start a sentence with,” No offense, but...” doesn’t mean that the person isn’t going to be offended by it.” I remember him seeing that I registered it and he then smiled and said, “you know what I mean?” He appreciated that I didn’t get defensive and that I appreciated his advice. But I still hate him, lol.

I don't remember any.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Don't remember -1Reply