First job you’ve been fired from and why? (If you’ve ever been fired from a job)

Image for post First job you’ve been fired from and why? (If you’ve ever been fired from a job)
Qazzies avatar Jobs & Employment
1 13

I couldn’t do math in my head. It was a coffee place that I had to make coffee and than ring them up on an ancient cash register. They didn’t actually fire me. They just stopped putting me on the schedule. Very humiliating. Image in content

I've never been fired.

@Qazzie I’m not surprised.

Thanks, I appreciate that very much.

@Qazzie You’re welcome. You/me

I wish I could be like you. I’m not being facetious.

@Qazzie I wish I could be like you. I’m not being facetious.

Wow, thanks for your very kind words. Much appreciated. hug smilie hug smilie hug smilie But you don't want to be like me, I get beat up on this site a lot. lol

I was let go once because the company was going bankrupt.

@JanHaskell I was let go once because the company was going bankrupt.

That stinks. But you weren’t fired because your duties weren’t met. Lol pun.

My ex-work had this policy that staff had to fetch products from the warehouse for customers in a time of 60 seconds or less. They would work out your average picking time at the end of each shift (it was recorded on a computer database) On most of my shifts my picking time was around 1 min 30 seconds. The supervisor told me “we cannot afford to have you taking that long fetching products” and said they had no choice but to terminate my contract. I should point out here that the warehouse was 2 floors and if you had to fetch something from the basement and take it upstairs using the elevator, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get it to the customer in under 60 seconds!