MissDaisys avatar Food & Drink
5 16
The voters have decided that MissDaisy is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Call it whatever you want, I don't drink it.

I once made a smoothie and I didn't know the almond milk was bad.
I barely took a small taste, to see what it tasted like after I mixed it.
Just that small amount, made me sick, I felt like I was about to die.

Now I don't drink any kind of milk or smoothies.

I don't see why it shouldn't be, really. The dairy industry has been complaining about this for decades, but not for nearly as long as the milky substance from certain plants has been called "milk".

I do not believe that consumers are confused about those products not being the secretion from the mammary glands of generally factory farmed mammals.

@Piper2 I don't see why it shouldn't be, really. The dairy industry has been complaining about this for decades, but not...

If any are confused about it, they've probably been drinking something more potent than milk.

@DandyDon If any are confused about it, they've probably been drinking something more potent than milk.

Ha! Yeah, I would think the Soy, Almond, Cashew, Rice, etc....prominently displayed there on the carton before "Milk" would be the first clue, along with "non-dairy" product.

Funny today I was selling almond milk and hemp powder. Strange people asked me if there was any dairy-UMM no it is all almond.

@2853834

Tis standards. If you don't set standards people will be confused. Milk is sorta not a problem for most people, but I have done demonstrations on milk drinks, They can't call it just milk because milk is made from an animal. Now can you figure out how to milk a coconut? No spouts to pull, The vegetarian milks
are usually crushed juiced or reconstituted- powdered.

Nut juice? No, thank you. I can’t be the only one...

@2854501

the % on milk is only telling you the milk fat within. Never heard that it has any chemical added.

I say plant milk.

Anonymous