First car you ever owned?

Image for post First car you ever owned?
46% This 54% never owned a car
Qazzies avatar Cars & Transportation
5 24

A six year old silver-green 1966 Mustang, in good condition. The car drove like a tank, but I was very fond of it. Her name was Mabel. smile smilie

@dru18 My cars are female too, and all have there own name.

I've not given any other car a name, but I guess I do sort of think of them as female, also.

@Piper2 I've not given any other car a name, but I guess I do sort of think of them as female, also.

SInce I had some bizzare British sports cars over the years that I was constantly working on. They all had the same name. Bitch!

@Piper2 Well no wonder they were always breaking down, then.

I've had a couple Lotus's, a couple Austin Healey 3000's, an old 54 MGTF and a triump spitfire. ALL had electrical problems. You'd think I would have learned...LOL
I've never been with a woman I called that... just the cars.. :)

@Piper2 I bet they were fun to drive though, when they were behaving. I didn't think you did. :)

Now and then I call my wife "wench". It's a term of endearment though. We did our honeymoon over 40 years ago at Disneyland and she liked the Pirates ride and the part of taking a wench for a bride.

@JustJimColo Now and then I call my wife "wench". It's a term of endearment though. We did our honeymoon over 40 years ago at...

I think many of us have probably called people we love something endearingly or jokingly, that wouldn't be taken that way by someone else. I know I have...

That little tradition was actually started by.....wait.... wait.... men.(Who Knew?!) Cars were suppose be like women because they were so unpredictable.

A 1966 Pontiac LeMans. I bought it used in 1971.

@2854073

Nothing like a big back seat as a teenager..:)

91 Ford Taurus It was my Grandma’s car.

A rusting Delta 88 that was older than I was. It still ran smoothly though.

68 Camaro. Got it in 1970 for $1,000 (They were oly 2,200 new.) Ah the days....of affordable cars.

@2854039

My Mom sold my Camaro when I was overseas. She replaced it when I got back with a 74 Cuda though..<s>

@2854039

The same cars we had as kids, we can't aford as adults.

A 78 Silverado.

I bought it from a friend.
He bought it from someone and fixed it up, painted it, put wide wheels on it, beefed up the engine.

It ran like a bat out of hell, until someone decided they didn't need to stop for a red light.