EternalSailorSols avatar News & Current Events
4 18

The sign at my town says "Welcome to Santa Monica - Home of the homeless"

Flrdsgnss avatar Flrdsgns Horrible! +4Reply
@Flrdsgns The sign at my town says "Welcome to Santa Monica - Home of the homeless"

Seriously? The sign I mean.

The homeless situation there must be really horrible.

@EternalSailorSol Seriously? The sign I mean. The homeless situation there must be really horrible.

No, but it should. Someone did have bumper stickers made up that say that though. Another one is "Welcome to Santa Monica - skid row by the sea"

Flrdsgnss avatar Flrdsgns Horrible! +3Reply

As a home owner, I believe that government is a major contributor to homelessness. Our local municipality just raised taxes by a whopping 30%. As a landlord, I would have to raise rent by the same amount just to break even. Breaking even would be great if the property just paid for itself but that would not be possible with the continued increases in the property taxes, especially on a fixed income.
Homelessness rate in PA is .12% at 14,515 with 14,418 getting some form of shelter or other form of welfare. Get on it and the state can't find enough programs to "help."

In this sate:
"As of January 2017, Kentucky had an estimated 4,025 people experiencing homelessness as reported by Continuums of Care to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Of Kentucky homeless population statistic, 334 were family households, 489 were veterans, 253 were unaccompanied young adults (aged 18-24), and 405 were individuals experiencing chronic homelessness."

@EternalSailorSol Yikes, that is bad!

Real bad...Especially those (489 were veterans) that served their country.

@Azlotto Real bad...Especially those (489 were veterans) that served their country.

In Montreal, this was years ago, but a veteran and his dog lived in a storage container, that sort-of looks like a trailer but isn't. It isn't exactly, homelessness, in his case, but close enough, as in the winter time there is no way of keeping warm and there is nothing like a kitchen in that thing.

But here is something else to read:

https://www.comoxvalleyrecord.c...-capital-hill/

its bad in Calgary, with the current governments its not going to get better, our socialist leaning governments Justin Castro and Rachel notley are deliberately chasing business out of the country, raising taxes, increasing the cost of living, all while people are homeless. and i feel so bad for the homeless the last few days. I really hope they found shelter. i walked from tim hortons to work (2 blocks approx) my finger went numb, and got sore. thats less then 10 minutes in the cold and i got a minor frost bite. we can;t elect socialists and expect things to get better for the middle class and lower class. socialists only benefit their own pockets

@deusvult its bad in Calgary, with the current governments its not going to get better, our socialist leaning governments...

That is more than horrible. Someone I know, whom, I am not going to name, retired of Social Services, in Saskatchewan, one of the reasons they retired because of the new BS that was and as far as I know still is what is going on there.

@EternalSailorSol That is more than horrible. Someone I know, whom, I am not going to name, retired of Social Services, in...

wonder why? Saskatchewan's economy is much better then alberta, Because they don;'t have anti economy government running, maybe they don't like the government there because they are too frugal and won;t waste money to appease the SJW's? i don't know enough about it there, but if its anything like Alberta was 15 years ago, Klein too Alberta out of debt, and made much needed cuts to where money was not needed to be wasted, and proggies where absolutely pissed, they where like a kid who had their candy taken away. but in reality the leadership is the best we have ever seen

@deusvult wonder why? Saskatchewan's economy is much better then alberta, Because they don;'t have anti economy government...

Where I live in Saskatchewan, there is a housing crisis over here. You think it is easy to get a job over here. It isn't. There is the issue of High costs of rent, which for people, leads to going without food. I don't have a job, either, but live with my parents. Most people without a job, I don't think are as lucky.

@EternalSailorSol Where I live in Saskatchewan, there is a housing crisis over here. You think it is easy to get a job over here. It...

seems like a country wide issue, the housing.

you have to remember NDP used to run Saskatchewan, if NDP was anything like NDP is in Alberta, the debt would be astronomical in Saskatchewan, in 4 years in Alberta we went from 12.9 billion in debt to 50 billion, with the debt set to be 100 billion by 2021, and a trillion in debt by 2030's that will affect my kids grandkids grandkids, even with just one NDP term its going to be my kids kids and grandchildren who will pay, how many years did Sask have liberal or NDP? can't imagine the debt your government amassed. its going to take some serious cuts to services to fix the problem, too bad people would rather see the country burn later for a quick fix of their cravings for free stuff