+13

In Quebec, radio stations stopped playing Micheal Jackson because of the things people have said he have done when he was alive. Regardless of how true or untrue these things are. People could leave the dead alone, as the dead can no longer harm or help anyone, amirite?

I don't know if he was really responsible for what they say in the media or not. But people need to learn to forgive and move on.

Quebec stations stop playing Michael Jackson, citing abuse allegationsThree major Montreal radio stations have stopped playing Michael Jackson songs as a result of child-molestation allegations against the late musician aired Sunday in an HBO documentary. "We are attentive to listeners' comments, and last night's documentary created reactions," Christinehttps://ca.yahoo.com/news/quebec-stations-stop-playing-michael-003308459.html
EternalSailorSols avatar People & Celebrities
6 13
The voters have decided that EternalSailorSol is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm glad I'm not a person that wakes up in the morning, looking for something to offend me.
Don't have the time, don't need the drama.

There's artists I like, that don't agree with my politics and some that have most likely done things I don't agree with.
I'm listening to the music, not the rap sheet of the artist.

Show me any band or any one person that is perfect.

They better do some more digging on the rest of the music they play, they'll be banning a lot more artists and filling their air time with old western radio shows....well with further digging, a lot of those will get banned too.

Somehow I suspect these stations have now drug this up because, maybe their ratings are dropping?

@DandyDon I'm glad I'm not a person that wakes up in the morning, looking for something to offend me. Don't have the time...

I hope that is the case, with their ratings, I mean.

I don't get people who seem to look for something to offend them, it makes no sense.

I can understand the dilemma radio stations are facing. I think it is one many of us face, when an artist we've admired is accused of something horrific.

I find it unbelievable that they didn't hear of the allegations while he was alive.
So why didn't they stop playing his music THEN?

Let's be honest.
If a radio station stopped playing all music because the artist did something criminal ... the station would go out of business.

@Walt_OReagun I find it unbelievable that they didn't hear of the allegations while he was alive. So why didn't they stop playing...

Something tells me that he might be an innocent but strange man. I don't trust the media that much.

I was never a fan of his, so it doesn't matter to me if they play or don't play his songs.

@2856213

I don't know how true these things are, but people do need to learn to forgive more.

@2856672

Exactly, my point, that I was trying to make with this post.

I found him to be disgusting, grabbing his genitals on stage before the world. He pretended to be shy.
Is that what you teach young people to do. That's talent ?? Now you have a lot of the singers doing the same thing. That's entertainment.?

@hootowl I found him to be disgusting, grabbing his genitals on stage before the world. He pretended to be shy. Is that what...

I honestly don't know how true, these things they said about him are. The media does lie a lot about things, who knows how much. But people, in my opinion, need to forgive others more. I don't support what he was accused of. Something tells me that he was an innocent but strange man. What I mean by strange, is his plastic surgeries, for example.

We have a Michael Jackson impersonator in San Francisco from time to time. He’s a great dancer; people flock to him by the dozen.

Mashas avatar Masha Yeah You Are +1Reply
Anonymous