Does it surprise anyone that rain melts ice?

The last quote in the article is what made me post this: "And I became convinced - only by being there and seeing it with my own eyes - that rain is just as important as strong sunny days in melting the Greenland ice sheet."

Climate change: Rain melting Greenland ice sheet 'even in winter' - BBC NewsThe sheer volume of ice covering Greenland means its fate has global repercussions.https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47485847
8% Yes 92% No
Will_Janitors avatar News & Current Events
5 12

No, there are mysteries that cause me to marvel .... that isn't one of them. a smilie

@2856576

Actually the article mentioned that the rain was in the summer.

It's acid rain...Only acid rain melts ice. wink smilie

@2856667

No it wasn't. That was just my take on the last paragraph of the article.

Nor is it surprising that climate changes, it's been happening since the beginning of time.
Going green only means taking care of our earth like our grandparents did and taught us to do. The problem is that the likes of Gore has found a way to line his pockets and those like him. It is disgusting and we are the ones who have to pay for their air fouling jets while we are told to walk or bike everywhere.

There once was a climate-change Prof,
At whose findings I'm minded to scoff.
"In Greenland, the rain
On the ice raises Cain."
But the study is short-term, cough, cough.