How long on average does it take for someone who just got a Spinal Cord injury to be released from the hospital if they happen to be diagnosed with being a Paraplegic?

As far as I know, they return to the hospital and/or go to places that specialise in dealing with people with spinal cord injuries, like physiotherapy and other medical treatments that they need.

As a younger person, living in a small city, the physio there was located in the hospital. I don't have a spinal cord injury, but I do have a physical disability.

Image for post How long on average does it take for someone who just got a Spinal Cord injury to be released from the hospital if they happen to be diagnosed with being a Paraplegic?
EternalSailorSols avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
5 5

I don't know, but with that type of injury I would think it would be quite a while and then maybe sent to a rehab facility. Not knowing what your disability is, I couldn't really comment on what would be the best for you.

Not sure, I'm not a doctor.....I couldn't even take a guess, at what it might be.

I guess it depends on the damage, what surgery they have and a whole lot of other factors. I had spinal neck fusion 1 1/2 years ago and was home the following day. Spinal injury and treatment has come a long way over the years.

Anonymous