+33

Struggling to get to sleep is proof you can practice something every day of your life and still suck at it, amirite?

stuart_stewarts avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
4 4
The voters have decided that stuart_stewart is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't struggle to get to sleep.Staying asleep is the problem

Here are 2 pieces of advice I've heard about sleep that I think are worth sharing:

Never sleep in, always get up at the same time. If it's a weekend or even if you have a late night, still get up at the usual time. It gives your body a reference point, whether you're getting a long sleep that night or a short one, your body knows exactly when you will be getting up, so it can adjust its activities accordingly and the occasional short sleep will still leave you feeling rested.

The second piece of advice was from the oldest US veteran, he was 109 at the time of the interview, lived to 112, and he said that after he goes to bed, when he wakes up, that's when he starts his day, even if it's 2 am. I thought that was interesting, I mean, he lived to be 112, he kind of proved his strategy is healthy.

Struggling to get sleep might mean you have some issues, like not spending enough energy during the day

I don't struggle at all to get to sleep.

The struggle happens when it's time to wake up. biggrin smilie