Will_Janitors avatar Politics
3 5

Do away with elections, entirely.
Replace them with random drawings of every eligible citizen in the district. The person drawn serves the same term as current officials. They receive the average pay of people in their district.

We would wind up with a far more diverse and representative government. It would drastically reduce the power of political parties, and money interests "buying" elections.

Walt_OReaguns avatar Walt_OReagun This is what I think needs to change: +2Reply

Of course the corrupt politicians only care about the next election.

But here is a Huffpo article about something that is much more serious than climate change, and unlike climate change, IS  obviously caused by humans. The upcoming 8000-page UN report even hints at the root cause: TOO MANY PEOPLE for the planet's resources to support.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/...b06ba6d3bb2d44

Thinkerbells avatar Thinkerbell This is what I think needs to change: -1Reply
@Will_Janitor I agree. Somewhere along the line growth must outstrip resources.

Yep. Here is a typical overpopulation chart for any species, be they gypsy moths or humans.
In our case, however, we might be able to plan for a soft landing. If not, then Mother Nature has a crash in store for us.