-1

Aren't you glad that we spent the last two years, and countless millions of dollars, to receive the BARR LETTER, instead of the MUELLER REPORT? amirite?

I am thrilled to finally be getting a conclusion about Bob Mueller's investigation into possible Trump collusion with Russia, from not Mueller himself, but from someone who was not even a part of the investigation. I am even more tickled that the verdict was rendered from a guy who submitted an unsolicited trump-fawning 19 page memo in which he criticized Bob Mueller's investigation.

I don't know about you guys, but I am as happy as a dog that just rolled in some shit.
Deliriously happy.

Image for post Aren't you glad that we spent the last two years, and countless millions of dollars, to receive the BARR LETTER,  instead of the MUELLER REPORT? amirite?
dru18s avatar Politics
6 73
The voters have decided that dru18 is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2858831

Hi Will

I never needed, nor depended, on that report's findings to know that Trump has a serious relationship with Russia.
But since we all paid for a report, I was kind of hoping we would actually see a report, and not that bias crap that came from Barr.
Two years of intense investigation cut down to a brief bias memo, that was concocted in forty-eight hours, just doesn't do It for me.

@dru18 Hi Will I never needed, nor depended, on that report's findings to know that Trump has a serious relationship with...

Get with the program, Dru. Politico is already changing its tune from the last two years, by now saying Mueller did the Dems a favor by not finding anything prosecutable regarding collusion.

"In the interest of historical posterity and legal accountability, these may be legitimate threads to pull. But as a political matter, Democrats, you’re doing it wrong again. It’s time to move on. Robert Mueller has done you an enormous favor.

Trump is not going to be impeached. Trump is not going be hounded out of office early. Trump is not going to be branded a criminal in the court of the public opinion. The hope of short-circuiting the Trump presidency through legal channels is no more.

For the special counsel to have avoided any collusion-related charges is a clear victory for Trump. The coming victory laps are sure to be insufferable for Democrats to watch, but Democrats need to get over it.

By not alleging any illegal collusion, Mueller has liberated Democrats from chasing the impeachment unicorn, which was always a political loser and a substantive dead end.

Today, Trump barely has a legislative agenda. In turn, Democrats have the opportunity to further the narrative that Trump is a threat to sustainable economic growth, middle-class prosperity and global stability. It won’t matter if Mueller had evidence of obstruction of justice. It won’t matter if the Southern District of New York finds campaign finance violations. It won’t matter if Trump’s inauguration committee took illegal payments or if the Trump Organization lied about its assets to Deutsche Bank.

Many voters won’t care that Trump is a grifter if they believe Trump has made their own lives better. The Democratic challenge is to show that he hasn’t. Thanks to Mueller, Democrats are a better position to do just that. Time to let it go."

https://www.politico.com/magazi...mocrats-226168

@Thinkerbell Get with the program, Dru. Politico is already changing its tune from the last two years, by now saying Mueller...

I didn't read the article because I was too busy in trying to get through that book long reply of yours.

Nobody thought Trump was going to be impeached and I do believe that Pelosi said as much last month. Unless the House can get the Senate on board it would be useless to even try to get impeachment proceedings underway.

Beg to differ with your assertion that it won't matter if any other prosecutor finds Trump guilty. It probably won't matter for the Republicans, but it is the Independents that you need to be thinking of.

Life better? There is still a lot of people whose lives have not been made better with Trump in office.

@dru18 I didn't read the article because I was too busy in trying to get through that book long reply of yours. Nobody...

Didn't you see the quotation marks? Those aren't my assertions, those are all quotes from the Politico article. Those are THEIR assertions.

@Thinkerbell Didn't you see the quotation marks? Those aren't my assertions, those are all quotes from the Politico article...

Of course Mueller's finding are important. Trump has been going on about it for the last two years, and I doubt we would have heard a peep from that bird mouth of his, if he had thought it was no big deal.

The Housing Market has tanked, the stock market has been swing back and forth like a pendulum, and health care concerns have not been addressed. There is every indication that we are sliding back into a recession, because A. it has been ten years since the last one, and B. the last one was not fully resolved.

All meaning: Trump may not have bragging rights about the economy for to much longer.

@dru18 Of course Mueller's finding are important. Trump has been going on about it for the last two years, and I doubt we...

Well, then you disagree with Politico, a well-known Democrat mouthpiece publication. biggrin smilie

And yes, that's what Democrats are hoping for... an economic crash sometime between now and Nov 2020. They don't stand a chance of getting Trump out before then, all their blather up to now notwithstanding.

And quit trying to pretend that the Democrats weren't hoping that Mueller would find hard, prosecutable evidence of collusion with the Russians. If that had been forthcoming, impeachment and conviction would have been a certainty, just as it would have been with Nixon and Watergate, if he hadn't resigned first.

Hey, Dru... what, no comment on this Politico article?
I notice the other libs seem to be speechless too. biggrin smilie

@2858831

Everyone in the know knows it was LBJ on the grassy knoll. biggrin smilie

@2858848

No, that was Miss Scarlet using the candlestick in the bedroom. what smilie

@Thinkerbell I heard it was a cigar.

It was, but once you smoked the cigar, wouldn't a candle stick work just as well? a smilie

@Flrdsgns It was, but once you smoked the cigar, wouldn't a candle stick work just as well?

Maybe so, for Monica's purposes, but I think Bill would have kept more cigars in stock because I speculate that he would have particularly enjoyed smoking those 'used' cigars.

@2858789

Well, we already spent the money, so lets see what it bought us. And by that, I mean Mueller's version, not the one from the Trump fawner.

Yes, I know Trump is a whale.

@2858797

I wish?!

Crap! I wish that just once, Trump and the people that surround him, would handle things in a manner that doesn't make them look MORE guilty.

@dru18 I wish?! Crap! I wish that just once, Trump and the people that surround him, would handle things in a manner that...

Gee, Dru... if only Mueller had had the brains to put you  on his panel of 17 (mostly partisan Democrat) investigators, he would have come up with something prosecutable against Trump long ago.
hehe smiliebiggrin smiliehehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Gee, Dru... if only Mueller had had the brains to put you  on his panel of 17 (mostly partisan Democrat)...

You act as if this is a done deal, Thinker. The report is over 300 pages long, and I do believe that the contents will be less rosy for Trump, than Barr' four page fawning letter.

@dru18 You act as if this is a done deal, Thinker. The report is over 300 pages long, and I do believe that the contents...

That may very well be the case, Dru, but the bottom line is a done deal: Mueller found no prosecutable collusion with the Russians, despite all the crowing by Democrats and their media allies for lo, these past two years. TIC-TOC, Tic-Toc, tic-toc, ...ti...to, ....ti.... biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell That may very well be the case, Dru, but the bottom line is a done deal: Mueller found no prosecutable...

It doesn't matter if it rose to the level of prosecution! It never did.

There could be many reasons why Mueller decided not to prosecute, but without seeing the report, we are only left to speculation.

@dru18 It doesn't matter if it rose to the level of prosecution! It never did. There could be many reasons why Mueller...

Mueller didn't prosecute ANYONE for collusion with the Russians because he obviously didn't have the goods.
He certainly wasn't shy about prosecuting people that he could pin ANYTHING on, even if the crime happened 10 years ago and had nothing remotely to do with Russian collusion.

@Thinkerbell Mueller didn't prosecute ANYONE for collusion with the Russians because he obviously didn't have the goods. He...

Yes, indeedy, 37 indictments came out of the investigations. And Mueller has said that he will follow DJ rules in not indicting a sitting president. That doesn't make Trump innocent by any standard.

@dru18 Yes, indeedy, 37 indictments came out of the investigations. And Mueller has said that he will follow DJ rules in...

Yeah, sure, half of the indictments were against Russians who will never see the inside of an American court, and of course Russians collude with Russians.

But not a single American was indicted for collusion with the Russians.

@2858846

Would have been a great graphic for the Benghazi investigations

@Flrdsgns Would have been a great graphic for the Benghazi investigations

Agreed. EIGHT independent reports came out of that Republican rouse, but yet, the very same people who were behind that actual "witch hunt" want the Russia investigation to stop with Barr's four pages of cherry picked quotes.

@2858846

Yeah, make sure to tell that to the guys running the other investigations.

@2858933

And I don't think they are likely to be defeated in the end.

@2859199

No, you got me there, I actually thought Americans had better sense than to elect a transparent con man.

@2859220

I don't remember any other Trump running before; did a Trump run before, and did we vote them in?
I only ask because we know the whole family is nothing but a con job, always wanting to make a cheap buck off of something. But hey, the family that sleazes together, stays together.

@dru18 I don't remember any other Trump running before; did a Trump run before, and did we vote them in? I only ask...

Yeah, ask the Clintons about that, Dru. hehe smilie

You still don't get it, do you? Trump won because no matter how much of a sleaze he may be, people were sick of Clinton sleaziness, which drips from everything they ever touched.

@dru18 So you ran right out and picked someone who makes her look like a rookie.

Nobody  can make the Clintons look like rookie crooks. Ask Bernie about that.

P.S. And I didn't run out and pick Trump... I left the presidential line blank in 2016. Would've voted 3d or 4th party, but they were total flakes.

P.P.S. The best thing about Trump is that he exposed the vast corruption of the Dems and their abject media lackeys.

@2858846

Those lying scoundrels and their media cronies deserve it.

Barr did exactly what Trump hired him to do, gloss over the real thing. Hopefully we will soon learn more. But there are still investigations going on, and there isn't anything Trump can do about it.

@StarzAbove Barr did exactly what Trump hired him to do, gloss over the real thing. Hopefully we will soon learn more. But...

i am surprised that Mueller punted the whole thing over to the JD.

And Big Bad Barr can't do anything about those investigations either.

@dru18 i am surprised that Mueller punted the whole thing over to the JD. And Big Bad Barr can't do anything about...

I was at first, then realized that Barr was in charge of the investigation. Hopefully, the Democrats will be able to get the entire report and let all of us know. Barr has completely ignored the vote that was taken in the House the other day, 420 to 0, so even the Republicans want to see that report.

No, Barr can't do a thing about the New York investigations. Trump is not off the hook yet, no matter what he says.

@StarzAbove I was at first, then realized that Barr was in charge of the investigation. Hopefully, the Democrats will be able...

I'm sure Mueller has another copy, why not just release it to the press and tell Barr to shove it?

@Flrdsgns I'm sure Mueller has another copy, why not just release it to the press and tell Barr to shove it?

That's a good idea. And get the full report not a summary that Barr has decided we should see.

Yeah, but Mueller was hired to do the investigation, he could have asked for more time if he needed it. He left it unfinished and then just threw it over to the JD.

@Thinkerbell Whatever happened to "Tic-Toc"?

I don't know Thinker, whatever happened to it?

@dru18 I don't know Thinker, whatever happened to it?

The clock seems to have run down.
Never had much going for it, except on CNN and MSNBC.

And oh, yes... in a certain member's comments over the last two years. hehe smilie

@dru18 Thinker, read my above comment. This is hardly finished.

Politico seems to think it is finished, for all intents and purposes, except of course for the die-hards.. hehe smilie

https://www.amirite.com/825990#comment-2859127

But I agree... it won't be finished as long as Schiff and his ilk continue their blathering.
Schiff claims that evidence of collusion with the Russians is in "plain sight," and then he presents his "evidence," as described in the Rolling Stone link below.   Do you really suppose Mueller or Politico didn't know about this "evidence?" hehe smilie

https://www.rollingstone.com/po...lusion-814414/

@Thinkerbell Politico seems to think it is finished, for all intents and purposes, except of course for the die-hards...

It isn't finished because Barr decided to put his thumb on the scale. He should have stayed out of it altogether.

@dru18 It isn't finished because Barr decided to put his thumb on the scale. He should have stayed out of it altogether.

It wouldn't have mattered what  Barr did. If he hadn't said anything, Schiff and the other partisans would have been screaming 'what are you hiding?'

And by the way, if Barr misrepresented Mueller's conclusions, Mueller could have gone public at least to the extent of saying 'that isn't what I said in the report.'

But he didn't, and Politico knows the game is up, even if Schiff and the other fools in Congress are pretending it isn't.

@Thinkerbell It wouldn't have mattered what  Barr did. If he hadn't said anything, Schiff and the other partisans would...

Of course it would have mattered. Barr shamelessly auditioned for the AG position and has been on everyone's radar when he got it. If he had completely recused himself from the investigation than nobody would have anything to be concerned about.

I doubt that is Mueller's style.

No, the game is not up, as I keep trying to explain to you, until that report is reviewed by Congress.

@Thinkerbell https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/...eed/index.html

And that's 'news'? They have been disputing that for months.

@dru18 And that's 'news'? They have been disputing that for months.

Of course, but it shows that Mueller DOES go public to deny misrepresentations of his work, so it IS his style, contrary to your assertion up above.

@Thinkerbell Of course, but it shows that Mueller DOES go public to deny misrepresentations of his work, so it IS his...

How often has Mueller gone public concerning this investigation, Thinker? I don't think a few times constitutes a style of behavior.

@dru18 How often has Mueller gone public concerning this investigation, Thinker? I don't think a few times constitutes a...

Of course it's not every five minutes, but if there's a flat-out important misrepresentation, then he does. And what would be more important than Barr lying about what Mueller said?

@Thinkerbell Of course it's not every five minutes, but if there's a flat-out important misrepresentation, then he does. And...

I don't know that Barr lied so much as cherry picked parts out that were somewhat favorable to Trump. And we won't anything for certain until we see that report.

@dru18 I don't know that Barr lied so much as cherry picked parts out that were somewhat favorable to Trump. And we won't...

We know for certain that Mueller and his team of mostly partisan Democrats won't be prosecuting Trump for collusion with the Russians, contrary to what the Dems were fervently hoping for. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell We know for certain that Mueller and his team of mostly partisan Democrats won't be prosecuting Trump for collusion...

And I do believe that we all knew that he was never going to indict a "sitting president", no matter what he found.

@dru18 And I do believe that we all knew that he was never going to indict a "sitting president", no matter what he found.

Not only didn't Mueller indict a "sitting president", he didn't indict ANYONE ELSE for Russian collusion. The Democrats would have been dancing in the streets if Mueller had indicted, say, Jared Kushner. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Not only didn't Mueller indict a "sitting president", he didn't indict ANYONE ELSE for Russian collusion. The...

And none of this points to innocence of any kind, so I don't know why you are being so giddy. This is not closure, not for the president, his family, and certainly not for the country.

@dru18 And none of this points to innocence of any kind, so I don't know why you are being so giddy. This is not closure...

It very much points to Mueller not having the goods on anyone in the Trump campaign colluding with the Russians, which was the purpose of appointing Mueller in the first place. 

There once was a counsel named Mueller,
Who of color could hardly be duller,
But the Dems and fake media
(Never ones for acedia),
Of sh-t, well, they COULDN'T be fuller. biggrin smiliehehe smiliebiggrin smilie

@dru18 You got a downvote for not even coming up with a decent limerick.

Tut, tut, Dru... it's just the content you don't like.
You would have loved it, if it had praised the batsh-t crazy Democrats. hehe smilie

Here, just for you, Dru. biggrin smilie

There once was a congressman Schiff,
Who said, "It makes hardly no diff,
That Mueller concluded
That no one colluded,
The truth's in 'PLAIN SIGHT,' sniff, sniff, sniff."