Wunderscores avatar
3 9

Usually listen to a podcast if it's more than a 1 hour drive.
I recommend This American Life, Reply All and Invisibilia. If you haven't already listened to it then the first season of Serial too.
I also like Millenial but it's quite liberal so might not be for everyone.

acidicjuanas avatar acidicjuana I have podcast recommendations +4Reply
@acidicjuana Usually listen to a podcast if it's more than a 1 hour drive. I recommend This American Life, Reply All and...

Cool, I'll check them out. So far my go-to podcasts are MBMBAM and the DnD podcast they do with their dad

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore I make special playlists for the drive +1Reply

If I have company, I spend that time with them. If I don't, the radio or audio books is good.

I listen to my cd collection and enjoy the scenery along the way.

I've been a trucker before, and putting in 12 hour shifts behind the wheel can be challenging. The strategy that worked for me is not to focus too much on the destination, be comfortable in the moment. As long as the wheels are turning and you're pointed in the right direction, you are where you're supposed to be, so just relax and enjoy the ride. As for entertainment, mostly didn't have any. I'd sometimes listen to the radio when I was near a town, but otherwise I'd just think about things, or chat if I had a co-driver.

Listen to the radio, watch the scenery, snack, nap sometimes.

Get high...Jk...I listen to music.

I'm the navigator on long trips so I can read and get totally absorbed when I do. We spent an extra hour or so in western Mass a little while back - that darn Harlan Coben!

Anonymous