+5

notre dame cathedral in Paris burning -They will rebuild, amirite?

Beautiful historic cathedral is burning in Paris, I wish I had seen it, but hope it can be restored to former glory. So sad the artifacts inside may be lost forever.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar
3 21
The voters have decided that LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Oh, I hope they are able to restore this beautiful piece of history. u smilie

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell Yeah You Are +6Reply
@2860640

... yes they would

IT SURVIVED 900 YRS. We have seen this many times before during a renovation of a building.
Something so irreplaceable as Notre Dame. Didn't they plan ahead that something like this could happen.
Didn't they have extinguishers available or water hoses. It's a damn shame.

hootowls avatar hootowl Yeah You Are +2Reply
@hootowl IT SURVIVED 900 YRS. We have seen this many times before during a renovation of a building. Something so...

I know, too bad trump didn't send one of his water tanker planes he suggested . to put it out, why they asked him about it, but I bet they don't have them in France and ours would take too long to get there.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I know, too bad trump didn't send one of his water tanker planes he suggested . to put it out, why they asked...

No, that is not what was said. They told Trump that there is no way that they could use a water tank over that building, because the pressure would make the whole thing collapse. France has water tanker planes.

Lets not make Trump out to be the hero here. He made a lame suggestion and it was quickly shot down.

It is surrounded by water. Why didn't they have a water boat there? It took them an hour and a half to
get a big hose on it. I guess they have poor planning.

hootowls avatar hootowl Yeah You Are -1Reply

What a sad day. But I think they will rebuild.

Do you realize how Beauty, Art, History, and Religion ,all took a tragic hit today? There is no rebuilding.

I am sure they will rebuild it and it won't take over two hundred years and this time it will be fireproofed!Apparently dropping water bombs on it would have risked destroying the stone structures as well.

I would upvote your statement supertramp. Where is the upvote button hidden?

Anonymous