A NORWEGIAN Joke
LARS GOT a parrot for his birthday. The parrot was pretty to look at, fully grown, but had a rude vocabulary. Lars tried and tried to make the bird say nice words to no avail. He even shook the bird, but it made the bird only more unwelcoming.
In a burst of desperation he put the bird in the freezer. For a few minutes he heard the bird swearing, and then there was absolute quiet. Lars quickly opened the freezer door for fear of killing the bird.
Out it came. The parrot stepped measuredly out onto Lars's extended arm and said,

"Forgive me for offending you, please. I will strive to correct my faulty behavior from now on". The bird went on, "And tell me, what wrong did the turkey do?"

Image for post A NORWEGIAN Joke

Will_Janitors avatar Jokes & Humour
8 4

Okay, I will be using that one in the future.

That joke would never fly nowadays. Much too insensitive. biggrin smilie

Today, the parrot would have yelled, "F*ck you, you no-good, murderous ornithophobe!  I'm reporting you to COBRA!   (Council On Bird Relations with Americans)
((I'm assuming Lars is Norwegian-American)) hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell That joke would never fly nowadays. Much too insensitive. Today, the parrot would have yelled...

I'm sure. There is not much that can be said without someone's head going wonkie. :)