What's with a lot of commercials using animals. There are cold turkeys, excited dogs, dogs driving cars, Gieko asking for a piece of pie, etc. Some are very funny, others rather dumb. What do you think?

Reflection - Liberty Mutual Insurance Commercial - YouTubeDoug shares customization tips while LiMu Emu encounters an unexpected adversary.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcOTtwXjXaU
24% I switch channels when they come on 76% Weird
StarzAboves avatar
8 14

Not watching commercials is one of my favorite things about quitting tv, the other is not watching the shows.

@2861698

My dad is 89, he still watches tv, his favorite channel is MeTV, where they play all the old shows. He used to watch 'Two and a Half Men,' but he lost interest when Charlie left. Other than that he just watches sports, and of course the Weather Channel. As for me I watch YouTube, much better content.

@Maze My dad is 89, he still watches tv, his favorite channel is MeTV, where they play all the old shows. He used to...

I have been watching a show called Highway thru Hell. About heavy tow trucks pulling out semi's that have been stuck or wrecked. Somewhere in Canada.

@2861698

A lot of the really good shows that I liked are gone, too.

@Maze Not watching commercials is one of my favorite things about quitting tv, the other is not watching the shows.

There are more commercials than shows. Trying to find the weather is almost impossible because of the commercials.

@2861713

I agree, that's a cute one. lol

Well, I figure advertisers know that a lot people really like animals, so they throw them in there hoping people won't change the channel. I think some of them are just very annoying, like all the GEICO commercials featuring Maxwell the pig, for instance.
Some of them are sweet, like the car commercials with a real dog, and some bother me...like the ones featuring "happy" animals to sell meat or dairy products.

It just seems that lately there are a lot of commercials with animals. Some are cute, some are disgusting, but I guess we can always turn the channel.

Same thing with most movies.

A bunch of copycats...