Are actors artists?

TV, Movies & Theatre
1 12

Sure, if they are very skilled at acting.

@2863678

Not exactly, because like most people....I can actually recognize the skill involved in many endeavors, without actually liking the final result.

@2863686

Lots of things. What most people believe to be a valid "consideration", has little to do what I said.

@2863691

Gee, and here I thought I was doing that, by thinking about and trying to answer your question. I'll go ahead and try again anyway.
I only know why I think an actor is skilled or not, and it has little or nothing to do with what people in "the biz" think. Whether an actor gets good roles, any roles, or awards and accolades has a lot to do with what people in "the biz" think, of course. Then there are those who seem to think that acting takes NO "skill", are not "artists", and that acting isn't even a real "job"! eyes smilie

@2863708

Whoa! Guess I just don't understand you, since I thought you were sort of playin' there for awhile. Speaking for everyone now, are you?

Yes, Most of them are B.S. artists.